You are here
Health & Safety Assistant
- Lead FMCG Manufacturer
- Long term development prospects
About Our Client
This market leading organisation have an international presence & manufacturer an array of consumer products into major retailers. Their site in the Coventry area is going through an exciting period of growth & as the as the Health & Safety Assistant you will be play a key part in ensuring the safety management systems are maintained.
As the Health & Safety Assistant you have the opportunity to join an exceptionally experienced team that will invest in your training & development. You will be working closely with the manufacturing teams & key responsibilities will include:
- Produce monthly Health & Safety committee minutes & statistics for Operations Board report.
- Ensure the Health & Safety management system meets business needs reviewing and revising procedures and documentation as required.
- Ordering & issuing of PPE so that employees have PPE relevant to their role.
- Provide administrative support for Health & Safety and Environmental Audits and Incident reports so that they are completed in a timely manner.
- Preparing presentations for Health & Safety & Environmental Meetings so that any issues are communicated to the business effectively.
- File and organise of all the above processes to make sure that all files within the appropriate systems are updated and maintained on a daily basis so that records can be looked in to at any time of the month to resolve any queries.
- Manage effective communication between the Health & Safety Department and key people within the business and key stakeholders, customers and partners.
- Maintain strong employee and customer relations that ensure issues are dealt with in a timely, effective and consistent manner.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues in the Health & Safety Department to ensure that the team is unified, works collaboratively, and provides excellent customer service in a timely, effective and consistent manner.
- Carry out other duties as required and requested by line manager, in line with the job purpose.
The Successful Applicant
A Health & Safety Assistant/Administrator or a Graduate with the passion to develop their Health & Safety career further & the following:
- Prior experience within a FMCG manufacturing support function
- NEBOSH Certified or working towards it
- IOSH Trained
- The ability to work collaboratively
- Attention to detail
- Excellent Organisational Skills
- Microsoft Office Excel, Word & PowerPoint
What's on Offer
Circa £23,000 - £28,000 + Benefits