You are here
Health & Safety Manager - Commercial Development
Global Real Estate Service Provider
Set-up operational procedures from scratch
About Our Client
Our client is a leading Property Service Provider. This role will be on-site at one of their leading property developer client.
- Assist to write and develop health, safety and fire policies.
- Document and effectively communicate these policies via the Health and Safety Committees, regular update bulletins and Health & Safety Support.
- Ensure full understanding of the policies and required standards by effective communication and training of line managers, supervisors, and employees.
- Provide advice, guidance and assistance to line management in the implementation of policies and systems in order to ensure achievement of required standards. Establish effective working relationships at all levels to positively promote commitment to Health and Safety.
- Enforce H&S policies and practices across all areas of the site, ensuring compliance by all 3rd party contractors at all times.
- Assist in CDM Compliance and construction projects
- Introduce initiatives which will enhance Health and Safety standards and awareness e.g. campaigns, awards, competitions, etc
- Manage Fire prevention within the company and providing fire risk assessment and reviews annually.
- In association with appropriate staff, investigate and document accidents and dangerous occurrences, compiling a monthly report showing all incidents and trends thereby providing meaningful statistics and advice to Senior Managers.
- Carry out departmental risk assessments and complex-wide safety audits, prioritise remedial actions and monitor their implementation.
The Successful Applicant
- Ideal candidate must currently or previously be a health and safety practitioner on a daily basis
- The post holders must possess a NEBOSH certificate (General)
- Suitable applicants preferably have a diploma in Occupational Health & Safety and or are working to have qualification or understanding of Fire regulations or fire safety with a working knowledge of the regulatory fire safety order and event/emergency planning
What's on Offer
- Work with leading property developer
- Long term career progression opportunity
- Attractive benefits