You are here
Health & Safety Manager - Highways
Leading Infrastructure contractor in the Highways sector
HSE Management role
About Our Client
Our client is a leading Infrastructure contractor, working across Civil Engineering, Rail, Construction, Utilities, and support services
Accountable for HS&E service delivery for one or more assigned work streams within Highways.
Support HS&E input to development and delivery of the Highways sector vision and strategy for the Major Projects business with relentless focus on ensuring that the health, safety and environmental performance, meet or exceed targets set by the organisation and those of our clients.
Build and maintain a high performing Highways HS&E work stream team that is flexible, motivated and engaged to deliver the Highways vision.
To drive the company and stakeholder vision with regards to health, safety and environmental performance to enable continual performance improvements, a culture of collaborative working and a consistent approach within the work streams and across the broader Highways business.
To develop strategies and pro-actively deliver, and wherever possible exceed, the agreed quality, occupational health and safety objectives of the Business Group / Unit by:
- Providing professional quality and compliance advice to management and employees
- Delivering Business Group / Unit occupational health and safety strategy
- Managing and maintaining the Integrated Management System
- Auditing of implementation by the business
- Implementing business strategies that will improve Business Group / Unit quality, health and safety performance to ensure that the business is seen as a leader in the field
- Implementing quality, health & safety policies and objectives by raising awareness, monitoring performance and reporting key issues and statistical data to business senior management
- Advising management on compliance issues, health & safety matters and industry best practice
- Developing and implementing local and plc wide initiatives designed to improve compliance performance and bring about cultural change
- Facilitating external accreditation bodies
- Raising awareness in the business through the planning and delivery of training in line with the annual training plan
- Monitoring business performance by undertaking audits, monitoring inspection reports and other project generated information and producing reports for both senior and local management
- Undertaking accident and incident investigations to establish the cause and make recommendations to prevent recurrence
The Successful Applicant
The role requires an individual with substantial experience within the construction/civil engineering industry. The person should be a member of IOSH preferably with CMIOSH status and have construction/civil engineering related experience.
The individual must have the ability to manage HS&E in a portfolio of projects in a complex, matrix organisation.
The individual should possess strong drive, be highly versatile, thrive on change and demonstrate excellent leadership skills, which encompass a high degree of empathy and support.
The individual will be highly customer focussed with a proven ability to develop their network of relationships at senior levels within the sector and will be personally credible internally and externally.
What's on Offer
£55000 to £65000 + car + benefits