You are here
Health & Safety Manager
- Maintain and Improve ISO 18001 and 14001
- Ability to drive a safety culture
About Our Client
Michael Page are in partnership with a successful, well established heavy Manufacturing business based in Peterborough. Our client are known for their high quality and provide expert designing and manufacturing skills to create products covering a range of industries worldwide. The successful applicant will be a Health and Safety Professional who can continue to drive and improve the culture through a proactive, engaging approach and focus on a zero accident mentality.
This successful candidate will provide Health and Safety advice and guidance not only to main work force but also provide consultation and training to contractors and clients during the instillation process off-site.
The key responsibilities for the Health and Safety Manager role will be:
- Maintaining the existing accreditation for the business management systems in meeting the requirements of ISO14001 and ISO18001
- Working effectively in cooperation with internal and external partners to deliver improvements in HSE culture and management
- Able to engage all members of the business from shop floor to board level
- Carrying out risk assessments and completing COSH assessments
- Experienced in the management of contractors and dealing directly with the client
- Knowledgeable in a variety of risk assessments
- Experienced in completing COSH assessments
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be passionate, effective and an engaging communicator and strive to improve and drive the culture of Health and Safety across the business.
The successful candidate for the Health and Safety Manager role will have:
- Working towards a HSE Qualification (NEBOSH Diploma/Degree) is preferred
- Health and Safety Qualified (NEBOSH Certificate minimum)
- Experience of working with the HSE and other governing bodies
- Experience in Heavy Manufacturing Environment
- A Lead Auditor qualification
- Experience in the management of incidents
- High communication ability
What's on Offer
A competitive salary with an attractive package is on offer for the right candidate.