You are here
Health & Safety Manager
- Health and Safety Manager for FTSE 250 company in the South of England.
- Opportunity to join a market leader and develop culture across multi-sites.
About Our Client
Berendsen is Europe's leading textile service business, developing and delivering value-added textile, hygiene and safety solutions within Hospitality, Healthcare, Workwear and Facility. They engage and partner with more than 150,000 customers in 16 countries across Europe. They are a FTSE250 company and in the UK they have over 9,000 employees working at 60 sites, making them a major UK employer. The business focuses on innovation and is constantly developing new products and services to better serve the changing needs of its customers and their industries in all sectors of the economy.
The Health & Safety Manager is to ensure that the company operates in line with all legal requirements including Health & Safety and Data Protection requirements at all times and the sites within the healthcare business line remain aware and conversant with all health & safety regulations, in line with the HASAW Act 1974. To provide the identification of non-compliance issues and ensure the management of rectifications is undertaken to company policy standards. To deliver the detailed and regular reporting of health & safety compliance/standards achieved to the business line main board, identifying specifically where regulations are not being met.
- Conduct regular site visits to ensure health & safety compliance.
- Monthly reporting of health & safety standards to the main board.
- To remain up-to-date with all health & safety regulations, case law and operating standards to ensure compliance with legislation and to use as illustrations when influencing Management teams.
- Provide health & safety advice and support to all sites, as and when requested.
- Review health & safety audits and ensure suitable action plans are made and completed.
- Perform Health & Safety audits for large investment proposals and review project management standards.
- Provide Health & Safety guidance to influence the technical direction with equipment issues.
The Successful Applicant
To be consider for this Health & Safety Manager position my client is looking for:
- Educated to degree level or NVQ Level 5 and an appropriate level Health & Safety qualification (e.g. NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent).
- Knowledge of implementing continuous improvement programmes, ideally within manufacturing and production.
- Recent knowledge of managing health & safety in a production facility environment that demonstrates a clear track record of success.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Able to persuade and influence people at all levels and develop good working relationships that promote team working.
- A strategic thinker with good business acumen and the ability to think from the customers' perspective.
- Able to demonstrate a proven track record of commercial awareness.
- Good attention to detail whilst retaining the ability to see the bigger picture.
- IT literate (Microsoft Office).
- Able to motivate people, with a coaching style that builds effective teams and manages performance positively.
- Practical knowledge of all relevant Health & Safety legislation and guidelines from multiple legislatures and industry bodies.
- Knowledge of and application of implementing best working practices in different working environments.
What's on Offer
£60,000 - £70,000 + Benefits