You are here
Health & Safety Manager
- Leading FMCG Manufacturer
- Health & Safety
About Our Client
This business have an excellent market reputation & as a result have been able to secure more business & develop new products for key retailers. To cement their success, they have invested in new equipment & increased the site capacity. As the Health & Safety Manager you will be instrumental in ensuring the safety of their people.
As the Health & Safety Manager you will be leading the whole of this Northamptonshire based site in driving Health & Safety Improvements. You will be working with the senior management team & reporting into the Directors in order to ensure that this company's Health & Safety agenda moves forwards.
- Chair all safety meetings and to ensure that all relevant matters are actioned.
- Investigate accidents, incidents, reports of work related illnesses and dangerous occurrence, making recommendations to avoid recurrence.
- In conjunction with the production management team and training officer, assist in the drawing up of safe operating procedures for all systems, machinery, equipment and substances.
- Control, administer and update as necessary, company procedures for recording, investigating and reporting, all aspects of accidents to all categories of employees and official visitors.
- Maintain an effective relationship with officials of the Health & Safety Executive.
- Recommend appropriate internal and external courses on health & safety matters to management & the training team.
- Assist senior management to ensure that all current and new machines and equipment are properly guarded and thus safe to be used by trained employees.
- Submit written summaries of health and safety matters to the Board of Directors on a monthly basis.
- Maintain the company Health & Safety Policy, review annually and update as required.
- Organise and control regular health and safety inspection audits of all areas of the business.
- Assist senior management to ensure that all requirements under the COSHH regulations are communicated to the appropriate areas and procedures exist which ensure compliance.
- Maintain an effective administrative system which ensures that all documentation is filed and readily available as needed.
- Ensure the HR Manager is kept abreast of developments and incidents as appropriate.
The Successful Applicant
A Health & Safety Manager ideally with experience within an FMCG manufacturing environment ideally food, beverage or packaging. The successful applicant will have:
- Manufacturing experience
- NEBOSH Certification
- Safety Auditing Experience
- The ability to work both as a team & individually
- Excellent communication skills to communicate at all level
- The ability to coach, mentor & develop people
What's on Offer
Circa £40,000 - £45,000 + Bonus + Additional Benefits