You are here
High Voltage Electrical Engineer
- Global Manufacturing Organisation
- HV Electrical Engineer
About Our Client
My client is a Global manufacturer, with multiple sites across the UK. Due to expansion, the business are now looking for an High Voltage Electrical Engineer to form an integral part of the site engineering team.
As the High Voltage Electrical Engineer based in Swansea you will manage a team of engineers, craftsmen and contractors responsible for the maintenance of the high voltage assets and the distribution networks for the business unit, ensuring both security of supply and equipment is maintained to agreed standards within budget limits.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the inspection, testing and maintenance of on-site high voltage and low voltage distribution, overhead cranes and building services, managing the electrical services and associated budgets. The jobholder will be responsible for ensuring compliance with health, safety and environmental legislation and company requirements in addition to identifying, supporting and maintaining submissions to the Works Capital plans.
- Fulfil the requirements of the business High Voltage Engineer in Charge position at the site.
- Organise site and contractor labour to meet maintenance requirements as agreed with the manufacturing areas and planning department.
- Review and audit performance to promote continuous improvement.
- Advise the works on applicable standards and set site policy in line with ISO/IEC, EN and BS policies/guidance.
- Ensure that Management of Change documents are created for any modifications or changes.
- Accountable for ensuring all appropriate legislative or company standards applicable to the plant are achieved, maintained and continuously updated.
The Successful Applicant
As the High Voltage Electrical Engineer you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Ideally Degree qualified or equivalent in Electrical Engineering
- Health & Safety at Work Act, Electricity at Work regulations, Electrical Distribution safety rules of a utility company or of a major industrial company.
- You will be able to demonstrate experience in operating and the maintenance of a high voltage electrical systems, have practical experience of high voltage permit to work safety systems and some previous knowledge of crane operation and maintenance, ideally gained within a heavy engineering, materials processing environment.
- You will be fully conversant with the MS Office suite of software.
- Must have the ability to motivate others & be a strong team player.
What's on Offer
£40,000 to £50,000 - pension 10%, healthcare, bonus, 28 days holiday.