You are here
In house Commercial Property solicitor
- In house Commercial Property solicitor
- Commercial Property
About Our Client
Based in Northamptonshire, the Legal Department strives to be a strategic partner to the business, providing legally sound solutions that support the commercial needs of the business. Our mission is to be a trusted partner that provides high quality services to our internal and external stakeholders while at all times protecting the best interest of the business. The Department's goals and objectives are aligned and measured against the business' vision, mission, values and strategies.
The work within the Legal Department is highly varied and covers all legal issues. We work in partnership with many departments covering a variety of legal areas such as contracts, leases, employment, acquisitions, risk mitigation, legal dispute resolution, litigation and general legal advice.
- Promote, support and implement the Legal Department's mission, initiatives and goals/objectives.
- Protect/represent the business' interests and support maintaining its operations within the scope established by law.
- Stay abreast of legal developments affecting the business, its clients, and sector and synthesize the information to incorporate it into the business' transactional practices.
- Support all legal aspects of our commercial property portfolio and ensure required information to support other business functions is communicated in an effective and timely manner.
- Draft, review and negotiate leases, license for alteration, deed of variations and all other documentation required for managing its commercial property portfolio, including Land Registry registration and calculation of Stamp Duty Land Tax.
- Understand the business, including its financial models and services.
- Structure commercial transactions to be most advantageous from a legal and business perspective.
- To support the development and implementation of risk mitigation strategies for commercial property portfolio and other areas as necessary such as commercial contracts etc.
- Counsel, advise, and consult company stakeholders based on accurate interpretation of the law, commercial documents and the facts of a business opportunity.
- Develop internal guidelines, tool kits, and packaged knowledge on various legal and business issues.
- Support, promote and implement initiatives in partnership with various departments such as operations, acquisitions, client services, client relations, health and safety, facilities and marketing.
- Operate within given budget and resources.
The Successful Applicant
- Fully qualified solicitor with experience of running own caseload from the start to end of transactions.
- Experience in dealing with a range of commercial property transactions including assignments of leases, surrenders, exercising of break notices and negotiating commercial leases that protects the agreed financial/other business terms.
- An in-depth understanding of commercial property law.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to translate complex legal concepts to non-legal audience.
- Capability to understand business' general risk tolerance and apply it when performing legal role.Project Management Skills:
- Ability to plan large workloads and execute implementation to plan.
- Project management skills to manage multiple projects, with the focus and drive to see projects through from start to completion.
- Experience and understanding of commercial considerations and drive to obtain best outcome for the business.
- Ability to know when to consult or seek advice from supervisors or in other professional areas, including tax and finance.
- Ability to effectively manage risks while maximising commercial opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to perform consistently under pressure and meet demanding deadlines.
- Ability to present alternative and proposed solutions.Leadership
- Credibility and influence as an ambassador for the Legal Department and the business externally and internally.
- Advanced negotiation skills, able to work effectively to objectives with the personal sensitivity to manage negotiations with a range of stakeholders.
- Outstanding people and relationship building skills.
- Good performance management and resource management skills.
- Ability to foster and maintain a strong team ethic and culture of continuous improvement.
- Diversity/cultural awareness.
- Hardworking, flexible and willing to be available when required to support the business' global offices and deadlines.
What's on Offer
Good basic salary and flexible / home working if required.