You are here
In-house Corporate Tax Assistant Manager
- Do you have practical UK Tax experience?
- Are you Qualified CTA/ATT?
About Our Client
Michael Page Finance continue to support one of the world's leading professional services firm. Our client has an international presence with over 100,000 employees specialising in the fields of audit & assurance, tax, advisory and enterprise.
The successful regional office provides a modern, vibrant and professional working environment. The regional office within walking distance of Watford Junction has been part of the Hertfordshire and London business community for many years providing audit, tax and advisory services.
With a vibrant social environment and an extensive professional network our client provides an opportunity to be part of a very successful regional office.
A reputable client is looking to recruit a full time assistant manager into their In-House Tax Team, predominantly specialising in overseas corporate tax advice and compliance. The individual will be required to demonstrate exceptional tax compliance skills, the ability to work to tight deadlines and handle large volumes of data as well as oversee the work of other team members. The work is by nature high profile and the ability to treat matters with the utmost confidentiality will be key. The work will involve working closely with other tax professionals, based in Watford, to deliver an efficient UK and overseas corporate tax compliance and advisory service.
The responsibility of the role is the preparation of overseas tax computations and returns of permanent establishments registered overseas for submission to overseas tax authorities, and assisting with the preparation and submission of UK corporate tax computations and returns for the entities within the group for submission to HM Revenue & Customs. This will involve
Understanding the requirements for submission of tax returns in overseas territories where a permanent establishment has been registered and preparing the overseas tax calculations and tax returns for submission to overseas tax authorities.
- Assisting with UK credit relief calculations in respect of overseas tax suffered.
- Preparation of UK tax compliance information and returns for corporate entities using Alphatax software.
- Dealing with withholding tax queries and assisting the team to prepare the relevant documentation.
- Identify and implement improvements to internal processes and controls
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will require the following skills:
- Qualified ATT/CTA
- Minimum of 2 years practical UK tax experience
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
- High level of analytical and investigative skills and a commercial approach to resolving issues and delivering services
- Strong excel skills
- Strong interpersonal skills in addition to strong oral and written communication skills
What's on Offer
Competitive salary with generous additional corporate benefits