You are here
HR Business Partner
£40,000 - £45,000
- HR Business Partner for a national retailer
- Based in Manchester, with travel 2 days per week to Bristol
About Our Client
The client are a national retailer with 800 stores across the UK. The candidate will be joining an established HR team supporting the business across the UK.
- To contribute to and define appropriate People Strategy for Central Support, Central Operations and Managed Care functions and fully support implementation of the people strategy.
- Active and influential participation in appropriate Management Teams meetings and discussions, specifically partnering Direct reports to the Executive Team.
- Coach, support and develop Managers to manage people related issues and drive a culture of management ownership of the people agenda
- Work with HR Advisors to ensure the day to day HR activity and projects are managed in line with company policy
- To manage the HR Advisers and HR Administrators for Central Support, Central Operations and Managed Care, undertaking the annual performance review process, supporting development and overseeing allocation of work
- Ensure all employee relations issues are managed professionally and commercially, and in a timely manner. Drive down the number of issues through root cause analysis and effective coaching.
- To contribute to negotiations, bargaining and consultations alongside the Senior HRBP on business wide ER issues. To support on overall ER cases, acquisitions/disposals and advise other HR colleagues on ER matters.
- Build effective relationships with Learning and Development Specialists, Resourcing, Engagement/Comms teams, and HR Shared Services to provide solutions to business challenges arising from the people strategy
- Develop a culture of high performance across the business which reflects the needs of the business and drives ownership and continuous improvement.
- Drive robust talent management and succession planning processes to identify future talent and increase the overall capability of the division.
- Work with the Management teams to proactively drive employee engagement
- To support organisational change processes, including role changes and restructures.
- Ensure that appropriate HR MI is used to influence people strategy and HR support and actions
The Successful Applicant
- Broad to date HR skills, developed at a senior level
- Experience of working in a Unionised environment
- Experience of supporting change, e.g. Restructures
- Project management skills
- Understanding and experience of business partnering at a strategic and operational level
- Commercial and strongly business-aligned, active in addressing the needs of the business
- Proven ability to think strategically and see the "big picture"
- Strong influencing/interpersonal skills, based on passion about people and their contribution to business success
- Ability to influence seniors and peers who are not direct reports
- Pragmatic and practical, with a demonstrated capacity to make things happen and drive change to transform business performance
- Customer focused - internal and external
- Developed leadership skills - professional and personal
- Ability to handle a demanding workload, whilst maintaining operational standards
- HR professional qualification (or Employment Law qualification), or equivalent significant experience in the field of Employee Relations
- Experience of overseeing change, e.g. TUPE transfers, restructures, acquisitions (share sale and asset)
- Proven track record of developing and implementing holistic ER solutions
What's on Offer
Basic salary: £40,000 - £45,000 + Car