You are here
HR Business Partner
- HR Business Partner role supporting Slough and Stowmarket manufacturing sites
- Must have good experience in IR/ER and Trade Unions, prepared to travel weekly
About Our Client
Our client based in Slough is a global business.
Overall the role of the HR Business Partner in Slough is to advise and support the Business Leaders and Managers in their strategic / tactical people issues in areas such as;
- Set the HR priorities in the overall Business Unit management agenda, within a framework of the specific business plans and the company wide CoE HR programs.
- Deploy HR knowledge, professionalism and knowledge of the Business Units for the benefit of the strategic and tactical business and HR objectives.
- Directly add value through their knowledge of major people needs and issues. They translate Business Area People Strategy into their (sub)Business Units and ensure they remain well coordinated.
- Implement initiatives to enhance the joint confidence, increase engagement among staff, improving leadership effectiveness and increase productivity.
- Champion of the HR Service Delivery Model within the Business Unit.
- This particular role is responsible for the Supply Chain sites in Slough and Stowmarket, and as such has a high level of industrial relations involvement.
- HR knowledge: Translates along with the Senior HR Business Partners the HR strategic plan into a tactical / operational HR plan for their own Business Unit and is co-responsible for the implementation and execution.
- Business knowledge: Strengthens proactive people and workforce-related advice and is co-responsible for the implementation of people strategies and solutions within the Business Unit they support. First point of contact for Senior HR Business Partners regarding tactical people issues.
- Consulting: Analyses both business reports and HR data to translate the information into practical insights and recommendations for Senior HR Business Partners, CoEs and HR Services.
- Responds to changing business conditions, challenges and needs. Furthermore manages organisational effectiveness through adequate management of change initiatives on people areas.
- Coaching: Drives Talent Management and Performance Management in the Cluster and provide coaching to cluster managers at different levels ensuring culture of high performance and engagement.
- Project Management: Responds to complex escalated issues from CoE and HR Operations.
Takes care of employees who are in conflict with supervisors.
The Successful Applicant
The client's preferred profile of candidate for this HR Business partner role in Slough is as follows -
- Experience within Business Partnering.
- Evident industrial relations experience is essential - pay negotiations, dispute resolution, relationship management etc.
- A degree in Human Resources, legal or other related areas.
- HR Project Experience: led at least one major project across 2 or more units, countries or functions (change management, Trade Unions, business models, HR Tools etc).
- Key behavioural competencies include - managing ambiguity, drive for result, customer focus, strong analytical skills, self-awareness & personal impact, build strong relationships.
- Ideally you will be available at short notice and able to start in late December/early January. This is not absolutely essential.
You will be required to work in the Slough office twice per week, and you will also be required to work from the Stowmarket site twice per week as well - you must therefore be happy to travel weekly/regularly in the delivery of this role.
What's on Offer
On top of a competitive salary, this HR Business Partner role based out of Slough offers
- Bonus scheme
- Excellent contributory pension scheme
- Comprehensive benefits including Life Assurance x5, and healthcare