You are here
- Must have experience as a HR Generalist
- Must speak German
About Our Client
My client are a well known mid-size international legal firm.
- Manages human resource processes for assigned offices to include merit increases, recruitment and selection, discipline, evaluation, employee development, training and team building.
- Oversees all European benefit plans. Solicits bids and negotiates contracts with vendors.
- Works with Firmwide HR team on European payroll. Reconciles payroll to budget.
- Plans and coordinates new hire orientation.
- Complies with firm policies, legal requirements and governmental reporting regulations affecting human resource activities ensuring policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Responds to inquiries regarding Human Resources policies, procedures, and programs.
- Participates in investigations, claims of harassment and other firm investigations under the direction of the Director of Geographic HR, the appropriate office DOA and OMP.
- Informs leadership in Europe and the States of any change to state law that would affect any Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Prepares a monthly reports detailing activities for the DOA's, OMP's and Director of Geographic HR.
- Participates in weekly HR Manager calls hosted by the Director of Geographic HR
- Oversees the maintenance of all payroll and benefit files in accordance with Records Retention and Firmwide Human Resources processing policies.
- Conducts exit interviews for staff terminations from assigned offices.
- Represents the Firm at hearings and investigations as needed
- Assists with goal setting for managers, preparation of merit increases, bonuses and performance evaluations.
- Assists in drafting general policies and procedures for the day-to-day operations of the Firm.
- Participates in key office committees and events.
- Manages employee recognition and appreciation programs and events, as well as office special events and charitable events.
The Successful Applicant
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Ability to travel to European offices in London, Paris, Hamburg and Frankfurt.
- Ability to analyze complex issues relating to the various office functions and to recommend and implement solutions.
- Ability to manage efficiently and effectively while maintaining good interpersonal relations and clear and concise verbal and written communications with all levels within the organization.
- Demonstrated history of treating employees fairly and equitably, following company policies and employment-related laws.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment with changing work priorities.
- Familiarity with HRIS, Microsoft Word, and Excel or similar spreadsheet program.
- Ability to manage in a service organization within a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to recruit, motivate and retain staffing..
- Proven ability to resolve conflicts on all levels in a professional manner.
- Ability to build confidence as well as keep confidences.
- Requires the ability to regularly report to work on the days and times scheduled.
- College degree in Human Resources, Business or other related degree field
- Minimum five (5) years management experience in a service environment.
- A minimum of five (5) years law firm management experience.
- Fluent in English required. Proficiency in French, German, Italian beneficial.
- Demonstrated financial experience beneficial.
What's on Offer
£45,000 - £55,000