You are here
- Identify, coordinate and drive Health & Safety improvements across the site.
- Proactively engaging in collaborative health and safety projects on site.
About Our Client
My client is a large manufacturing company based in Mansfield, Nottinghamshire with a workforce of 100 + employees. Due to company expansion and improvements projects planned, my client now require a full time, H&S Manager to work closely with Senior Management team to deliver Health & Safety improvements. This position would fit candidates who have previous manufacturing experience within a H&S Manager position.
Reporting into the Plant Manager as the Health & Safety you will identify, coordinate and drive improvements, safety and quality productivity, working with the Management teams to continuously improve the functionality and level of service that the manufacturing facility provides to their customers.
- Managing the health and safety function, including supervision of staff to ensure delivery of objectives.
- Proactively engaging in collaborative health and safety projects across the manufacturing sites.
- Providing authoritative advice and guidance on health & safety matters to all stakeholders within designated area of responsibility.
- Reviewing and auditing arrangements for health & safety management and continuously improving these arrangements where appropriate.
- Providing strategies to plan and organise work systems to reduce health & safety risks and recommending suitable adaptations to plant, machinery and processes.
- Ensure robust reporting regimes are in place for H&S statistics.
- Providing management information and statistics related to your area of responsibility.
- Supporting business change through effective change management processes within the fast paced environment.
- Implementation and review of company global safety policies ensuring that local legislative requirements are also met
The Successful Applicant
To apply for the H&S Manager position based in Mansfield you will have the below required qualifications & skills.
The successful candidate will:
- Qualified to NEBOSH Certificate or Diploma level or equivalent with significant H&S Management experience, preferably gained in a Manufacturing or Warehouse environment
- Flexible approach to work, able to manage own priorities and workload.
- Able to effectively lead and manage a team.
- Used to operating at all levels of the organisation.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills - result orientated and tenacious.
- An in-depth understanding of essential/relevant EU & UK H&S legislation.
- The credibility and influencing skills and strategies to be able to build buy-in to change.
What's on Offer
This position would be on a Monday-Friday Days shift pattern with a salary banding of £32,000-£40,000. For more information please apply below.