You are here
- NEBOSH General Certificate
- Chemicals Experience
About Our Client
My client is a leading global materials manufacturer offering specialist engineering solutions into the aerospace, defence and automotive industry. With sites in America, Japan, Europe and across the UK, my client has experienced a significant amount of growth over the previous 5 years and are now looking to increase the head count within their HSE team to support this.
The HSE Advisor will provide a range of administrative support to Health, Safety and Environment activities. The HSE Advisor will work alongside the team in coordinating and maintaining effective safety programs and environmental management systems, participating in audits, documentation and training activities.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provides support for the Health, Safety and Environment team to ensure a safe working environment in compliance with government regulations and company procedures.
- Participates in training documentation for lock out/tag out procedures, forklift operations, hazardous material handling and other areas of high risk exposure.
- Schedules and prepares various internal and external Health, Safety and Environment meetings.
- Participates in creating safety training presentations and performs training of a routine nature.
- Provides support to the recycling programs, and emergency response management and hazardous waste removal.
- Maintains and updates Material Safety Data Sheets; ensuring most current data is available.
- Assists with development of written safety procedures that are in alignment with regulatory guidelines.
- Coordinates and communicates with other departments as needed to support team objectives.
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant will have:
- NEBOSH HNC (minimum)
- Background within a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of ISO14001 standards and accreditation's
- Experience of undertaking accident investigations, root cause analysis and statutory reporting
- Experienced in undertaking site inspections, risk assessments and audits
- Ability and knowledge to make sound business recommendations for improvements based on risk
- Ability to input data, information and legal requirements to ensure compliance and write control procedures
- Experienced and knowledgeable in COSHH standards
What's on Offer
A competitive salary is on offer for the successful candidate.