You are here
This position is now filled
- Automotive business
- Growing company with great opportunities
About Our Client
Our client are a growing automotive business based in Trowbridge and are looking for an experienced HSE Coordinator to join their busy team
- Accident & incident investigation & prevention.
- Administration and investigation of employers' liability claims against the business.
- Carrying out all types of risk assessments as required by UK safety and environmental legislation, production of action plans and progressing improvement actions.
- Carrying out audits and inspections as required to comply with legislation and maintain certification.
- Environmental monitoring for workplace contaminants, noise, temperature, airflow, etc, according to the need identified by the risk assessment or required by legislation.
- Provision of training according to the need identified by risk assessment, or required by legislation. This is to include induction training.
- Production of monthly reports on various EHS measures as may be specified by site management.
- Development of existing site procedures to meet changes in legislation or in best practice.
- Liaison on behalf of site with enforcing authorities and other relevant organisations, e.g. Health & Safety Executive, Local Authority, Environmental Protection Agency, Fire Authority, LRQA auditors/assessors, etc.
- Liaise with Occupational Health in all matters relating to the company.
- Facilitate the monthly health and safety meeting and follow up actions.
- Facilitate the monthly environmental management programmes meeting and follow up actions.
- Ensure annual environmental management system review happens in a timely and correct fashion.
- Ensure senior management is made aware of our EHS obligations (and in particular to highlight any areas of non-compliance with legislation, consents or applicable standards)
- Other duties and tasks that may reasonably be expected of the EHS function.
The Successful Applicant
The suitable HSE Coordinator will have:
- Experience in industrial health and safety
- Competent Risk Assessor
NEBOSH National General Certificate in Health and Safety.
Some experience of environmental issues, including a knowledge of ISO 14001.
- Ideally experience within the automotive sector
What's on Offer
Competitive salary + pension