You are here
This position is now filled
- Health and Safety Manager needed at Food Manufacturer
- Â£30-38K Based in the South West
About Our Client
The HSE Manager will be based in the South West at one of the companies many production sites. As one of Europes biggest food manufacturers their products are sold in more than 100 countries and they have 25 factories worldwide.
Their product range is varied with an array of best selling famous brands within their international business.
The company has experienced rapid growth, doubling the size of the business in the last 4 years with continued growth aspirations for the coming years.
The HSE Manager will be responsible for the below activities among other duties, as the site lead for HSE you will have the autonomy to develop the role as you see fit:
- Provide up to date advice and guidance to all Managers and Co-ordinators on site on HSE legislation ensuring the site satisfies all its statutory requirements.
- Develop and maintain HSE database and statistics to enable managers to make appropriate decisions
- Implement internal inspections and audits across the whole site. Where appropriate make recommendations and assist managers to ensure compliance with legislative requirements.
- Develop and deliver training on all aspects of HSE across the whole site to raise awareness and to comply with legislative requirements.
- Investigate any HSE incidents / accidents to ensure root cause is identified, and make appropriate recommendations to managers / co-ordinators.
The Successful Applicant
The HSE Manager will need:
- Ideally, Minimum of 2 years experience post qualification in a HSE role. Ideally in food or diary industry.
- NEBOSH Dip 2 / NVQ Level 4
- Knowledge of environmental and waste management legislation
- Minimum of certificate level in Environmental Management. With knowledge of PPC / 14001
- Working knowledge / proven experience of CDM systems and management.
- Experience of developing and delivering HSE training programs.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels as they will need to deal with ALL staff on site and any enforcing agency.
- The role demands strong presentation skills and the ability to develop and deliver a variety of training packages.
What's on Offer
Company Pension - up to 6% matched
Company Sick Pay
25 days holiday + bank holidays
4 x Death in Service