You are here
- Experience in Health and Safety Management within a heavy industrial environment
- Effective HSE management of visitors and contractors.
About Our Client
Based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire my client supply products worldwide and have different divisions within its manufacturing facility. This position will be based within the Melt shop department and would suit someone with similar heavy industry background experience. Located in Sheffield this position is easy commutable via the M1 / M18 and would be on a Monday-Friday Days position.
The successful HSE Manager will work closely alongside the Managing Director, Group H&S Director and Environment Director to provide expert knowledge and skills in order to generate and promote a positive health and safety environment alongside excellent performance.
In this role, the successful candidate will help plan, implement, monitor and review the protective and preventative measures to minimise operational losses, occupational health problems, accidents and injuries.
Based within the Melt shop this position will be responsible for all processes, from raw material handling and incoming liquid steel delivery through the pattern making, core making, moulding, casting, heat treatment, finishing, welding, NDE and despatch of finished cast parts, and including the maintenance function and effective HSE management of visitors and contractors.
The successful applicant will also be responsible for driving environmental compliance and improvement at an area level.
The Successful Applicant
Candidates will show some evidence of the following:
- Proven experience in Health and Safety Management within a heavy industrial environment is advantageous.
- A hands on approach and experience within Health and Safety is essential
- Ability to use own initiative when necessary is essential
- Excellent teamwork and ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the organisation is essential
- Formal HSE qualifications qualified to NEBOSH level is preferred.
- Ability to influence and motivate employees to take personal ownership of H,S & E
- Demonstrated use of Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills
- It is also essential that candidates are flexible in their approach to work
What's on Offer
£35,000 - £38,000