You are here
- Market leader in their field
- £40- 50k based on experience , based in the South West
About Our Client
The client is a multi-million pound company with significant investments being made to grow the business further. This includes growing their export market and opening another manufacturing site in the UK. The company is well respected globally due to the exceptional quality of their products. Strong leadership and superior products has led to them becoming second in their field globally.
The HSE will be the lead for those departments within the UK operations of the company. They will have the autonomy to develop processes and influence culture change within the organisation.
* Work with the local management team to drive and improve Health & Safety standards across the sites within area of responsibility. Where required meet 18001 standards.
* Work with local management team to improve environmental / sustainability standards and where required meet ISO 14001 standards.
* Work with local management team where required to improve quality management systems meeting ISO 9001 standards.
* Work with local management team to produce and deliver strategic plans for HSE performance taking into account corporate and customer requirements which will translate into Annual HSE plans.
* Actively promote the HSE strategy to drive a tangible improvement in safety performance and culture.
* Provide a professional service to line management at all levels, ensuring that Good Practice in HSE is adopted and regularly reviewed. This will include day to day management; accident reduction strategies; and management HSE training requirements.
* Carry out statistical analysis and trending to identify issues of concern; assist in the creation, modification and delivery of relevant action plans and provide support for all HSE and Food Safety processes
* Assist in or lead (as required) the investigation and management of incidents (including major incidents), providing advice on root causation, best preventative measures and sharing lessons learned.
* Develop systems that will ensure that the site safety management system is fit for purpose.
* Mentoring and developing HSE Champions / Co-ordinators
* Using corporate HSE IT systems e.g. Safeguard, Mobile Safety, Webrisk etc., to support the delivery of the above accountabilities
* To keep abreast of corporate, regulatory and legislative changes and advise management of the implications for the business. To undertake a recognised CPD programme.
* To deliver safety training as required.
The Successful Applicant
HSE based in the South West will need the following skills and qualifications:
* CMIOSH (or working towards)
* NEBOSH Diploma qualified or equivalent (candidates who are studying to this level will be considered). Suitably experienced candidates who do not currently meet this requirement must attain this within 24 months of appointment.
* Relevant experience of managing SHEQ preferably within a logistics environment
* Will have the leadership and influencing skills to drive a culture of continuous improvement using a collaborative and hands -on approach
* Ability to translate legislation into everyday language
* Will have effective presentation and training skills
* Experience of environmental and quality management would be preferable
* Will require competent administration and IT skills.
What's on Offer
£40-50k based on experience and qualification.