You are here
- Leading FMCG Company
- Health, Safety & Environmental
About Our Client
This is a leading company that work with major retailers & as such have been striving for operational excellence; investing in stringent HSE processes in order to keep up with customer expectations & to ensure a safe working environment. As the HSE Officer you will be a big part of implementing site strategy & developing a culture of HSE.
As the HSE Officer based from their site in the Oxfordshire area you will be reporting into an HSE Manager & working closely with the operation in order to help transform the working culture & champion health, safety & environmental best practice.
Key responsibilities include:
- Liaise with enforcing authorities as required to ensure the Company is properly represented.
- Control the input and retrieval of information to and from the companies H&S Safety software management system and carry out regular trend analysis.
- To create and maintain a short, medium and long term Health & Safety improvement plan and programme manage the implementation of Health & Safety initiatives across the business (inclusive of lagging & leading indicators).
- Deliver and provide support in the development of Safety, Health and Environmental training requirements.
- Coordinate the Safety, Health and Environmental monitoring programme to ensure legal and organisational compliance.
- Assist in the management of the site H&S committee.
- Manage the site Risk Assessment and Safe Systems of Work tracker / schedule.
- Help identify, assess and implement actions to reduce personal injuries, motor incidents & claims.
- Help the site to achieve all relevant H&S KPIs.
- Be able to communicate and influence at all levels.
- Ability to educate and influence leadership teams on site.
The Successful Applicant
A Health & Safety Officer/Assistant/Administrator with the passion to develop their Health & Safety career further & the following:
- Prior experience within a FMCG manufacturing or distribution (e.g. food/health care/pharmaceuticals)
- NEBOSH Certified or working towards it
- IOSH Trained
- The ability to work collaboratively
- Attention to detail
- Excellent Organisational Skills
What's on Offer
Circa £26,000 - £28,000 + Benefits