You are here
This position is now filled
- International food manufacturer
- Ambitious Hygiene Supervisor
About Our Client
Our client is an internationally-present food manufacturer employing c1,100 people worldwide and providing to the major UK multiples, with a strong reputation due to their new product innovation.
This role offers the potential for the successful candidate to progress through the business, into the Hygiene Manager's position.
The Hygiene Supervisor will co-ordinate, monitor and motivate a team of Hygiene Technicians to provide exemplary cleaning activities for all equipment and areas that support the smooth and efficient running of all processes.
Key responsibilities include:
- To instruct and oversee that all production machinery is cleaned to the correct standard within a timely and concise manner
- Working with the Hygiene Manager and/or hygiene services provider, participate in Hygiene audits, against a schedule and implement the corrective action
- To ensure that water and chemical usage is managed and monitored and that the hygiene technicians are using both water and chemicals correctly
- All chillers, production units, external areas and walkways are clean and free from debris
- Ensure all sign off documentation, swabbing schedules, cleaning cards etc. (documentation requirements are not exhaustive) are completed and are accurate in accordance with company, BRC and customer requirements and compliance standards
- Carry out swabbing of items as per technical requests, schedules and possible ATP testing
- If ATP testing is implemented, manage the positive release of equipment and use the trending analysis to highlight areas of concern. Ensure Hygiene services provider are in the loop to mitigate risk and implement corrective action
- KPI 95% successful swab pass achieved and communicate success and improvements needed.
- To support the Hygiene Managers duties and carry out chemical training and relevant COSHH awareness, where applicable
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be an individual who displays the ambition to progress within the company, with a desire to develop the Hygiene department and to become the Hygiene Manager.
Other key characteristics:
- Demonstrable experience within a hygiene role in food manufacturing
- Strong Man-management competency
- Organisational and delegation skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Be able to use own initiative
- Understanding of H&S
- Appropriate chemical training COSHH
- Able to work unsociable hours/weekends
What's on Offer
Competitive package including overtime availability and chance of progression through the business.