You are here
Indirect Buyer - West Midlands
About Our Client
Our client is a leading Automotive organisation within the West Midlands.
- Provide purchasing / commercial knowledge to cross-functional teams that effectively contributes to the organisation applying a confident approach to teamwork.
- Understand the needs of internal stakeholders and the wider business impact to confidently enter into total negotiations with current and potential suppliers.
- Develop and maintain commodity strategies for a specific range of commodities, ensuring you are up to date on market place commercial and technical developments.
- Understand and apply purchasing tools and techniques to close cost gaps and achieve value for money whilst maintaining supplier relationships.
- Manage supplier performance to support project deliverables.
- Constantly strive for process improvement opportunities internally, as well as with the Supplier base, focussing on business 'Best Practice' initiatives.
- Identify supplier risk and develop robust risk mitigation strategies where necessary.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal Indirect Buyer for this Automotive organisation based in the West Midlands would demonstrate the following core competencies:
- Strong negotiating skills and commercial acumen
- Ability to gain strong stakeholder relationships internally and externally
- CIPS or equivalent professional qualification
- Strong track record of year on year cost savings
- Outstanding record of supplier relationship management and process improvement
- Experience in categories such as Engineering or Logistics beneficial
What's on Offer
Available to candidates for £30,000 - £45,000 + benefits