You are here
Indirect Tax Manager, Media and Film Company, London
- Advisory focused, fantastic career development opportunity
- Positive working enviroment, low staff turnover
About Our Client
A multinational media conglomerate, with activities in music, television, film, video games, telecommunications, tickets and video hosting service.
The primary responsibility of the Indirect Tax Manager will be the management of compliance with Indirect Tax accounting and reporting requirements for business unit (BU) entities in the UK and, where necessary, Europe as well as providing advice on Indirect Tax issues where required. They will establish and maintain strong relationships with the Global Tax and BU Finance teams to help effectively address business issues.
- Support the management and execution of activities designed to ensure compliance with VAT accounting and reporting requirements
- Be the primary point of contact and responsible for managing the relationship with Tax authorities and consultants in relation to indirect taxes
- Communicate effectively at a departmental and regional level to people across different functions and levels
- Review UK VAT returns.
- Support the UK Head of Tax in the Group's relationship with our CRM at the Large Business Office to maintain the desired risk level.
- Support VAT audits of entities and deal with enquiries and/or requests from HMRC.
- Provide practical solutions to VAT issues and follow through to ensure compliance
- Act as a bridge between the Finance and SAP Technical Teams to ensure that VAT requirements are correctly understood and properly implemented
- Identify and make recommendations to optimize VAT compliance processes.
- Oversee non-UK VAT registrations and Returns including Distance Selling registrations.
- Enhance business knowledge of VAT.
- Understand the businesses, so that future indirect tax developments can be transitioned in a timely manner
- Build effective working relationships with other departments and functions
- Play a key role in devising compliant processes across internal and outsourced finance function and guide key individuals across the companies in essential changes
- Provide support to the Group in respect of indirect tax aspects of acquisition/disposals, restructurings or commercial arrangements
- Keep abreast of changes in VAT legislation and where planning opportunities arise, participate in their analysis and implementation
- Provide indirect tax advice to the business as required e.g VAT liability queries on billing, acquisitions plus VAT recoveries on AP and expenses systems.
- Manage outsourcing arrangements
- Engage local advisors to consult on VAT compliance obligations
- Perform other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
The Successful Applicant
- Tax and/or accounting qualification with proven experience of mixed VAT and VAT compliance experience likely gained in-house or in an accounting/consulting firm
- Comprehensive understanding of VAT accounting within SAP and working within a General Ledger
- Technically strong in VAT and a basic understanding of Customs rules and regulations
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work well in an international "virtual" team
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills and an ability to build win-win working relationships internally and externally
- Robust and able to manage in a rapidly changing environment and challenge the status quo
What's on Offer
£45,000 - £60,000