You are here
This position is now filled
Infrastructure Engineer ( VMware / Cisco / CCNA / Veeam )
- A global manufacturer looking for an IT Infrastructure Engineer based in Leeds.
- Do you have strong 2nd and 3rd Line skills with VMware and Cisco Networking?
About Our Client
Our client, a leading global manufacturer require an IT Infrastructure Engineer to join the team based in Leeds for a UK Project based role.
As the Infrastructure Engineer you will need to have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills. You will need experience in VMare virtualisation technology, Hewlett-Packard networking and Veeam backups. Solid communication skills are required as you will be expected to communicate project updates to other areas of the business. You should have some previous project management skills, with past experience on changes to network design and updating documentation.
- Maintain and support the existing infrastructure on voice and data networks.
- Working on new network design and improvements across the UK and Ireland
- The ability to plan, manage and implement infrastructure and voice projects
- Upholding and adhering to our network security policies
- Troubleshooting and resolving any related network issues
- Source and ordering of IT equipment
- Help support the local IT support teams
- Travel will be required to other main sites, with occasional stay-overs to assist on infrastructure projects and support related assistance
- Interact and coordinate with our vendors, suppliers, consultants and Corporate IT team
- Monitor systems and react to performance issues and outages
The Successful Applicant
As an experienced IT Infrastructure Engineer you will be able to demonstrate the following skills and technical knowledge:
- Server hardware and RAID technologies (Hewlett-Packard)
- Network Attached Storage (Synology)
- VMWare v5 or v6
- Veeam Backup and Replication
- Configuration and installation of network switches and working with VLAN's (Hewlett-Packard and Cisco)
- IP subnetting
- Voice networks (Mitel)
- Active Directory
- Group Policy
- Server Roles (NPS, DFS and WSUS)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge and experience of applying best practices
What's on Offer
The role offers a salary of up to Â£30,000 dependent on experience and will be offered with a benefits package and training where applicable.