You are here
This position is now filled
- An independent & family owned business
- Must have at least 3 years buying experience in Chilled or Ambient Food
About Our Client
Our client is a family owned and managed Business that supplies quality ingredients to the Bakery Industry.
They have future growth plans in place, so they are looking for an Ingredients Buyer to join their team and help maintain their friendly and excellent customer service.
As the Ingredients Buyer, you will be responsible for;
- The buying of all products in a timely and cost effective manner, while maintaining the appropriate quality standards and specifications.
- Liaising with the purchase ledger and sales departments, ensuring price changes or disputed purchase orders are communicated effectively.
- Liaising with key suppliers on a daily basis via phone and email.
- Running daily stock re-order reports on sage 200.
- Working closely with customer services and account managers to inform them of lead times and alternative or unavailable stock items.
- Build and develop relationships with key suppliers and customers.
- Holding regular meetings with new and existing supplier account managers to discuss new products opportunities, performance reviews and agree outstanding rebates.
- Assisting with the negotiation of supplier contracts and on the spot buying, whilst consistently analysing the markets to obtain the best possible market prices.
- Regular review of supplier quotations and price changes, including change of specifications, to ensure the relevant information is updated in a timely manner.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have worked within a similar role previously, and ideally will hold the following skills and attributes:
- Experience in using in-house stock control systems would be an advantage, but not essential.
- Excellent IT skills with good knowledge of Excel, word and outlook.
- Ability to build and maintain strong supplier relationships.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated.
- Ability to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ideally you will have your own transport.
What's on Offer
Ingredients Buyer - FMCG
Salary Depending on experience: Â£20,000 - Â£30,000 + Bonus