You are here
Interim Category Manager - Indirects
- High profile banking business
- Excellent brand and culture
About Our Client
High profile banking business
The Category Manager will sit on relevant stakeholder committees and positively influence appropriate forums of the businesses/ functions.
The Category Manager will also be responsible for the following:
- Supporting the creation of sub-category strategies and plans to achieve or exceed agreed savings targets for the category.
- Driving business outcomes and behaviours with subject matter expertise to drive value through the category planning lifecycle.
- Constantly monitoring supplier market and identify opportunities resulting from new product offerings and/or market shifts (e.g. entry or exit of suppliers, changes in pricing, risk on category).
- Seeking alternatives to current category specifications/ demand parameters.
- Continually monitoring buying channel compliance for the business/ function with whom they own the Procurement relationship and driving corrective action as necessary.
-Be a role model and demonstrate a positive attitude and inspire confidence when faced with uncertainty and change.
-Provide clear direction and constructive challenge to business stakeholders in the creation and execution of Category and Commodity plans.
-Bring drive, energy and pace to category activity.
-Display excellent influencing skills.
-Demonstrate importance of subject matter expertise through example.
-Market and communicate category guidelines into the business.
-Act as an agent of change for the Procurement Transformation and beyond into future change initiatives.
The Successful Applicant
- Indirect spend track record managing large levels of complex spend
- Ideally private sector / Financial Services background
- MCIPS & Degree qualified is preferred
What's on Offer
Excellent brand and culture.