You are here
Interim Category Manager
£150 - £250 per day (£38,997 - £64,995)
- Public Sector
- Operational Procurement Role
About Our Client
A public sector organisation based within South Yorkshire.
- Identifies and implements cost reduction schemes in accordance with annual plans and strategic aims agreed with the Procurement Management team.
- Assist with the preparation of invitation to tender/quotation documents. To analyse, interpret and investigate invitation to tender/quotation information data supplied by potential suppliers as part of their bid, identifying whole life cycle costs highlighting any potential issues to the Procurement Management team.
- To support the Procurement Management team in the negotiation of effective purchasing arrangements with suppliers of commercial goods and services. Maximising the cost benefit to the organisation, and ensuring that the appropriate legally binding conditions of contract are in place
- To develop and manage the approved contractors and suppliers list by ensuring timely review of contract and continue/sustained delivery of quality goods and services, putting in place action plans to improve performance.
- Initiate, support and conduct tender exercises
The Successful Applicant
- Relevant experience of procurement projects, collaborative projects or similar
- Project management experience, including developing and implementing improvement plans
- Ideally Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply Level 4 or equivalent or relevant experience and willingness to study
- Knowledge of EU Procurement legislation
What's on Offer
£150 - £150p/day ltd