You are here
This position is now filled
Interim Commodities Analyst (Direct Procurement)
- Rare Central London based direct procurement
- EMEA scope - 3 months
About Our Client
Our client is one fo the largest food manufacturers across EMEA.
Support the development of a CPRM governance framework for the global Procurement function, aligning financial policies, controls and approach to risk with Treasury and Responsibility Centre / Business Units
- Develop analytical tools and financial instruments to assess risk, recommend action to manage market volatility and optimize cost.
- Ensure the accuracy of demand forecasts, cover, mark-to-market curves and usage data that underlies the CPRM framework.
- Develop regular weekly, monthly and ad hoc commodity and macro market research, analysis and other output for the broader procurement team and key business stakeholders, including commercial and senior management teams.
- Work with procurement, finance and the treasury function to design clear financial metrics and dashboards to monitor the performance of the CPRM program including cover and demand management, mark-to-market and third party reconciliation reports.
- Development and ownership of SKU level inflation models to track commodity price impacts on key product lines.
- Support the risk managing the European diesel and gas and power commodity risk across all business units.
The Successful Applicant
- Strong background in commodity markets and broader macro-economic drivers and how the impact a procurement function.
- Strong financial skill set, comfortable with budgeting, forecasting and explaining often complex financial situations to a wide variety of stakeholders. Ability to interrogate and pull apart data sets and quickly identify and resolve issues, and improve decision making.
- Business & Financial Insights - Strong conceptual thinker with practical implementation skills. Interprets and applies understanding of key financial indicators to make better business
- Decision quality - Makes good and timely decisions that keep the organisation moving forward. Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of facts, analysis, wisdom, experience and judgement
- Project Management - Applies project management skills confidently, identifying key milestones, reporting delivery and proactively managing problems
- Persuades - Uses compelling arguments to gain the support and commitments of others.
- High attention to detail, consistent in approach and task orientated.
- Self-starter and able to manage own time. Strong ability to multi-task, take ownership and responsibility. Ability to manage multiple stakeholders at one time.
- Resilient with a high tolerance for ambiguity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Powerpoint.
What's on Offer