You are here
Interim Commodity Manager
- Support Sourcing with implementing commodity strategies across the business
- 12 month contract, Watford.
About Our Client
Our client is a market leader in systems across a variety of sectors.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Leading the strategic sourcing process for assigned commodities while working in a cross functional team environment
- Participating in the development and execution of strategic sourcing and procurement policies, processes, procedures, training, performance measures and systems
- Conducting supplier rationalisations, segmentation initiatives, and proactively review supplier performance
- Prepare business cases, including ROI models, and effectively present rational for cost savings opportunities, including results of commodity metrics to Senior Leadership
- Developing implementation and transition plans to ensure sourcing benefits are fully realised
- Supporting the Request for Information/Request for Proposal (RFI/RFP) process
- Defining, developing , managing, evaluating and maintaining the global supply chain to ensure alignment with the Sourcing strategy as follows:
- Cost reduction/profit improvement plans
- Lead Time and Inventory reduction techniques
- Rationalisation and Segmentation initiative
- Conducting on site supplier evaluations of capabilities and capacities
- Negotiating agreements with suppliers for best terms, delivery, quality, and lowest overall cost
- Driving low-cost region sourcing
- Identifying and implementing risk reduction activities
- Performing analysis of historical and forecasted demand to be used in supply agreements with key suppliers
- Maintaining Cost Saving Report to track progress against established goals and targets
- Recommending and implementing product changes (improved manufacturability, supplier input, etc.) through all stakeholders
- Performing other related duties as required and assigned.
- Complying with and promoting all relevant legal requirements & policies and procedures, including business ethics, data protection and health & safety
The Successful Applicant
- Essential: Degree in engineering or business with preferred fields including Supply Chain, Business, Engineering or Economics. Evidence of continuous professional development within a relevant discipline.
- Desirable: MBA or similar business qualification.
- Minimum of 5 to 8 years work experience in Supply Management, Procurement and/or Strategic Sourcing within a global, organisation with experience in advanced sourcing strategies for internationally based suppliers Cost management practices, with history of delivery against targets
- Demonstratable knowledge of procurement strategy and market drivers
- Demonstratable knowledge and experience in contractual negotiations
- Excellent planning and organizational, project management and time management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Knowledge of printed circuit board assemblies and cables and connectors.
- Strong analytical and statistical expertise
- Strong negotiation skills
- A technical aptitude with the ability to effectively discuss projects with Engineering
- Excellent oral and written communication ability
- Commercial acumen
- Experience with SAP is beneficial
What's on Offer
£200 - 250 per day