You are here
Interim Electrical Engineer
- Electrical Engineer
About Our Client
A market leading ambient food manufacturing business requires an electrically bias maintenance engineer/technician to support at their site in West Yorkshire for circa 12 weeks due to a peak in production
- Responsible for trouble shooting and problem solving to maintain and enhance aSWP'sted processesefficienciesng machinery. In particular to review more cost effective methods and adopting a longer-term vision to prevent problems occurring.
- Build an effective working relationship with Engineers and Management Teams, by providing technical advice, breakdown support and explore opportunities to make improvements to current work practices.
- Develop and contribute in devising preventative maintenance plans for equipment to ensure that breakdowns are minimised and efficiencies are maximised, ensuring that equipment is kept to a high standard.
- Assist Team Leaders in the assessment of individual and departmental technical skills and competency levels against current roles and responsibilities. To identify developmental and training needs and to offer advice on training solutions.
- Contribute to the installing and commissioning of new machinery and ensure new working methods are communicated to the Engineering Team, and basic knowledge and skills are transferred to Operators.
- Ensure that current Health & Safety requirements are adhered to at all times by promoting policy and procedures and that best practice is adopted.
- Assist the Engineering Manager / Team Leader in project working and continuous improvement initiatives to ensure that projects are delivered to specification, budget and on time.
- Responsible for creating, updating and administering Safe Working Procedures (SWP's) for the Engineering Department. Support other departments in this process.
- Contribute to the training and development of apprentices. Primarily deliver generic engineering training and provide mentoring for the personal development of individual apprentices. Carry out assessments of individual skills and competencies levels of the apprentices to ensure that they meet their agreed training and development objectives
The Successful Applicant
- Worked within a high-speed, manufacturing environment.
- HND/HNC Electrical Engineering
- Ability to program PLC's, e.g. Siemens S7. Omron
- Have a clear understanding of the 17th Edition and Electricity at Work Regulations (1989)
What's on Offer
£competitive hourly rate