You are here
Interim Finance Manager - SME backed by global conglomerate
- High growth, entrepreneurial SME backed by global branded conglomerate company.
- FMCG start-up achieving 100% YOY growth with exciting international expansion
About Our Client
The business is gearing up to make the leap from entrepreneurial start-up to market-leading phenomenon. Established four years ago with the backing of a global branded conglomerate company and an international market leader, the company is looking to dominate the UK market and reach over 5m households.
The company is at an exciting inflection point with growth ramping up to unprecedented levels, driving the team to constantly adapt and evolve to keep pace. This is a great time to join the business if you want to learn what it's like to be entrepreneurial with a great brand and an exciting team.
You are a key member of the Finance team that is looking to drive operational and financial performance across the business. Your role is to provide all financial information and ensure that it drives performance commercially as well as being reported accurately and on-time.
You will work in a team of five with an FD, a Finance Operations Manager and two junior accountants.
This will be a fantastic learning opportunity for a talented, proactive and commercial financial professional. The business is not just looking for number crunchers but for future leaders, who will be able to grow with the business.
- Manage and deliver all aspects of Financial Reporting including Management Accounts, Consolidation Reporting and Statutory Reporting including audit and tax
- Identify opportunities and implement solutions to enhance Finance Team performance with the goal of increasing the commercial impact and output of the team
- Continually drive productivity improvements to the control environment across all finance touch points including marketing & sales, customer service, warehouse etc.
- Collate business and financial information to work with forecasting team to deliver regular and accurate forecasting to drive short and long term decision making
- Collaborate with major shareholders to solve any business economics and technical problems
- Co-manage two team juniors alongside Financial Operations Manager
The Successful Applicant
- Qualified (ACCA, CIMA, ACA, CA) with 1 to 2yrs PQE
- Entrepreneurial approach to problem solving. The team are always asking - how can we do better, save time and move on to the next problem
- The role is exposed to all areas of the business from Finance heads to engineers to the CEO to major shareholders and you will need to have the ability to flex your communication style accordingly
- You will need to roll up your sleeves, be prepared to tear things up and start again, and not be afraid to ask for help to drive improvement
- Clearly as a key member of the Finance team you will need excellent Excel and general numerical skills and the confidence to present the numbers to the FD and CEO
- You will need to be ambitious and able to handle ambiguity. Growing businesses require constant change and you need to prioritse your work flow to hit regular reporting targets and adapt processes to maintain your and company's growth
- Driving change accross the business requires good project management skills, if you have formal training in project management then fantastic, if not, then an organised approach and demonstration of succesfully leading a team will be important
- You will, of course, be expected to perform your day to day duties but one of the key measures of outstanding performance will be how you perform and add value to the business on the elements that are not necessarily your "day job"
What's on Offer
Competitive remuneration on offer.