You are here
Interim Financial Accountant - US-listed Logistics Business
- An exciting opportunity to join US logistics giant in Central London
- Strong technical Chartered Accountant sought from practice background
About Our Client
The company is an international logistics company with operations across the US, UK, Europe, Australia and the Middle East. Formed over 50 years ago, the s has over 2,500 employees spread over several continents.
The role will include:
- Managing year end audit under IFRS and liaising with Big 4 auditors.
- Delivering financial statements using Caseware software.
- Consolidations of entities under foreign currencies.
- Managing relationships with commercial business units.
- Working with the Regional finance team in providing insightful monthly and quarterly reporting.
- Management of the quarterly audit reviews and statutory audits.
- Providing input into the monthly US GAAP reconciliation to IFRS reconciliation.
- Involvement in ad-hoc financial and commercial projects.
- Assessment of the financial impact of potential IFRS and US GAAP changes on the regions' accounts.
- Involvement with tax calculations and statements
- Ensuring that the accounting implications of key contracts are understood.
- Reporting to US parent company.
The Successful Applicant
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CA, CPA) with a minimum of 2 year's post qualification experience.
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of Caseware software to deliver financial statements and for consolidation purposes.
- Possess strong technical accounting knowledge.
- Ability to build healthy working relationships with business stakeholders while exhibiting independence and objectivity in thought and action.
- Ability to multi task and work well under pressure, prioritising tasks and workload and managing conflicting demands of the business units and senior management team.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to plan own work, work autonomously and on own initiative and meet deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail with a high level of accuracy of work.
- IT literate with advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Understanding of US GAAP and Sox.
What's on Offer
- A highly competitive day rate.
- Immediate start