You are here
Interim Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
- Exciting opportunity with US-listed global logistics business in central London.
- Business partnering across UK and European regions and with US Group.
About Our Client
- US-listed global logistics business with offices in central London and operations across the US, EMEA and Australasia.
Purpose of the Role:
Reporting to the UK/Europe Regional Controller, the role will work closely with Business Unit Finance teams across the region to produce high quality Quarterly Forecasts and Annual Budgets in addition to supporting Senior Regional Management through robust financial analysis to challenge and drive business performance.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Take ownership for co-ordination and facilitation of Quarterly Forecasts (Outlook) and Annual Budget process within UK / Europe Region;
- Continue to develop and drive the implementation of a consistent approach to preparing Outlooks and Budgets across the Region;
- Provide subject matter expertise and first line support on use of Group's Adaptive Forecasting software;
- Review and provide critical analysis of business unit forecast and budget submissions, identify key drivers and themes and present to Senior Regional Management;
- Help to identify and evaluate key risks and opportunities within Regional Outlook and Budget;
- Get involved in any ad hoc projects, within remit, as may be required by the Regional Controller or the Regional Chief Financial Officer, from time to time;
- Support M&A activity within Region as and when required;
- Oversee and manage one direct report (Financial Analyst level);
- Provide advice, support and guidance to business units on proactive basis to enable them to produce high quality submissions within deadlines.
- Quarterly Outlook and Annual Budget for UK / Europe Region submitted to group according to published timetables;
- Work with Group FP&A function to establish Regional timetable and ensure all required deliverables are submitted on time and in full;
- Establish continuous improvement program within Region, utilising functionality of Groups forecasting software Adaptive as appropriate;
- Review and enhance KPI reporting within Region, moving towards Balanced Scorecard;
- Continue to support development of direct report;
- Produce life-cycle cost model analysis for Rolling Stock, including fuel cost recovery mechanisms; and
- Implement Post-investment Analysis Review for all major capital expenditure projects which are classified as Development Opportunities.
The Successful Applicant
Key job requirements:
- Ability to build strong working relationships with business stakeholders while exhibiting independence and objectivity in thought and action;
- Solid analytical skills with the ability to digest and disseminate information on a broad range of businesses and stakeholders;
- Ability to multi task and work well under pressure, prioritising tasks and workload and managing conflicting demands of the business units and senior management team;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff across the Freightliner Group, as well as key stakeholders;
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CA, CPA) preferred;
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal;
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to plan own work, work autonomously and on own initiative and meet deadlines;
- Excellent attention to detail with a high level of accuracy of work;
- Appreciation of the demands of managing conflicting interests and of meeting statutory requirements;
- Ability to navigate complex problems and ensure effective and sound decision making, systematically and under pressure;
- Effective management and delegation with the ability to build trust and motivate a team;
- Some travel throughout the UK and Europe will be required.
- Attacks goals and objectives with drive, energy and enthusiasm;
- Proactive approach to work and uses own initiative to implement improvements;
- Embraces new challenges, is hand on and gets things done;
- Sets high standards of work for self, and team, and consistently achieves these;
- Leads by example and provides honest and clear leadership that helps drive results;
- Listens attentively to others' perspectives and provides constructive feedback and coaching;
What's on Offer
- Competitive remuneration on offer.