You are here
Interim Group Management Accountant - Private Health Business
Exciting interim opportunity to join an established private health business
Experienced Chartered Accountancy from commercial background
About Our Client
The business is an international private healthcare organisation that is based in Central London. With over 60 years in the market, the company posted revenues of over £8 billion in 2015 and has over 80,000 employees worldwide.
The Interim Group Management Accountant will be responsible for working with the Management Reporting Manager and the Head of Global Reporting in:
- Consolidation and reporting of the group management accounts including quarterly reports, budget and forecast for Group.
- Using an excellent understanding of the business and its drivers to provide value-added analysis and commentary to enable effective decision making by senior executive management.
- Reviewing, understanding and challenging commentaries from business units and providing cross-business analysis and interpretation of results to senior stakeholders.
- Providing ad hoc reporting and analysis to supplement regular monthly management reporting for the company.
- Preparation and monitoring of the key performance indicators for the Group and to understand the reasons for any variations in trends.
- Providing analytical reviews designed to identify inconsistencies and unusual trends in monthly reporting, budgeting and forecasting periods.
- Producing an environment of continuous improvement, driving efficiencies and process change to ensure that all reporting is conducted to the highest possible standard in the most efficient manner.
As well as the above core responsibilities, the Interim Group Management Accountant will be accountable for:
- Taking the lead on high profile commercial projects and ad-hoc tasks, which will provide exposure to a number of senior managers.
- Assisting the Management Reporting Manager in managing the day-to-day deliverables across the team.
- Taking a key role in coaching and developing more junior members of the team.
- Being a business partner to several business units by providing financial support in the form of value-adding reporting, planning and budgeting.
The Successful Applicant
The Interim Group Management Accountant will need the following profile:
- Fully qualifed CIMA, ACA, ACCA, or equivalent.
- Be commercially grounded with atleast 1 year's experience in industry.
- Have strong analytical skills, with the ability to search out relevant information and trends, and present this information in a manner appropriate for the Board.
- Have experience of coordinating large processes with multiple stakeholders.
- Have experience in management reporting - including consolidation of results and report writing at a level appropriate for the Executive Team and the Board.
- Have strong knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
What's on Offer
Competitive day rate on offer.