You are here
Interim Procurement Manager
- Interim 6 month position
- Generalist procurement projects
About Our Client
The Interim Procurement Manager will manage a multiple number of these procurement projects at the same time, each lasting several months and involving the interpretation of complex and varied sources of quantitative and qualitative information. Each project is expected to carry a high level of financial and/or service risk to the stakeholder organisation, and will require active management to meet tight deadlines.
The Interim Procurement Manager based in the North East, nr Newcastle, Northumberland, Northumbria will;
- Plan and develop procurement/commercial projects
- Undertake a range of key supplier/provider reviews
- Support spend review within allocated spend areas
- represent the Shared Procurement Service and clearly, concisely and confidently present issues and recommendations to project groups
- Requirement to work in an integrated management style across multiple organisations with often different customs and practices, and will be required to foster close and effective working relationships with other senior managers across these organisations.
- Provide consistent, legally compliant and often complex procurement and commercial advice.
- Mentor Procurement Officers on relevant projects at the request of the Procurement Relationship Manager
- Participate in relevant internal and external working groups/ projects, services and initiatives to provide project information and specialist procurement and commercial advice.
The Successful Applicant
- CIPS qualified
- Proven background in the strategic procurement - leading various generalist service contracts to award
- OJEU and EU public sector procurement experience
- Based in the North East, nr Newcastle, Northumberland, Northumbria
What's on Offer
£300 - £325 p/d