You are here
This position is now filled
Interim Quality Engineer
- Interim Quality Engineer opportunity within a leading UK Aerospace business
- Quality Systems (AS9100), Suppliers, Internal Liaison experience essential!
About Our Client
My client, based in Essex are market leaders supplying precision and high calibre parts to the aerospace and defence industry.
- Supporting the maintenance and development of company policies, processes, and procedures to maintain a compliant Quality Management System in line with regulatory and customer approvals.
- Special Process point of contact including approvals, audits and 3rd party support.
- Coordinate an effective Internal audit program to verify adherence and support QMS improvements.
- Resolution of customer / internal / supplier concerns with disciplined problem solving including 8D/5Y'S etc.
- Manage an effective calibration program for all product verification equipment and continually identify cost reduction opportunities.
- Support deployment of Built-In-Quality culture through quality improvement and awareness initiatives and in-process verification.
New Product Introduction
- Review product verification strategies and manage their implementation to meet the Customer and / or Internal requirements across new products.
- Identify measuring equipment required for manufacturing new products.
- Delivering FMEA / PPAP / MSA to support effective quality / manufacturing plans to enhance process control.
- Ensure sub-con suppliers have necessary information to process new products.
- Managing all supplier rejections and corrective actions.
- Managing all supplier surveillance activities including on site audits where required.
The Successful Applicant
- Able to understand and interpret technical drawings and specifications.
- Track record of delivering improvements based on the principles of lean.
- Thorough understanding of problem solving methods-e.g. Six Sigma, 8D, root cause analysis along with statistical tools used to analyse and evaluate problems to assist with improvement projects.
- Proven knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Process Variation Reduction (Six Sigma) concepts and tool sets as they relate to process / product variability, and root cause and corrective action determination.
- Experience in a Manufacturing / Product Engineering environment within a large manufacturing organisation (ideally Aerospace).
- First Article Inspection (FAIR) experience.
- Experience of Javelin or other ERP/MRP systems preferred but not essential
- Non-destructive Testing (NDT) awareness desirable
What's on Offer
Highly competitive hourly rate!