You are here
This position is now filled
Interim SHE Advisor
- Interim SHE Advisor
- Interim SHE Advisor for a global communications infrastructure business
About Our Client
Our client is a leading UK communications infrastructure company based in Hampshire.
As an independent provider of telecom towers, with more than 8,000 sites, they are the only national provider of terrestrial television and radio broadcasting.
Our client provide digital and satellite services and distribution for international clients in Europe, the U.S., the Far East and Australia, including Turner and Canal+ and the Al Jazeera Network.
As the Interim SHE Advisor on their Hampshire site you will be responsible for:
- Leading the provision of SHE support and advice to terrestrial broadcast operations; ensuring that any issues that do need to be escalated are reported to SHE Manager.
- Undertaking SHE tasks as directed by the SHE Manager- Operations to support BU needs.
- Attending TB operations meetings on a regular basis to ensure that SHE issues are discussed and any key issues are highlighted and addressed by senior managers.
- Providing training and undertaking presentations as appropriate to ensure that SHE duties are understood and embedded in engineers roles.
- Driving a high standard of accident, incident and near miss investigations so that opportunities for learning are not missed.
SHE Team Responsibilities
- Write and implement procedures in line with the requirements of ISO 14001 / OHSAS 18001.
- Actively ensure the continual improvement of SHE performance.
- Undertake horizon scanning of new and revised SHE legislation, review and implement requirements.
- Undertake internal audits, inspections, and supplier audits.
- Review and close out accident, incident and near miss reports.
- Analyse accident and incident reports and statistics to identify areas for improvements and undertake investigations.
- Prepare briefing notes, bulletins and alerts.
- Write and deliver training courses, tool box talks and briefing sessions.
- Develop SHE awareness campaigns and ensure the information is disseminated effectively and understood within the business area.
- Represent the business at industry forums where required.
- Identify areas that require audit and inspection and ensure they are included in the SHE active monitoring plan.
- Promote an effective Safety, Health and Environment culture, to ensure a safe and healthy working environment within area of operation.
- Maintain a secure working environment in line with the requirements of the business security policy in order to protect individuals, information and assets.
The Successful Applicant
As the successful candidate for this Interim SHE Advisor role you will have:
- Hold a NEBOSH General or Construction Certificate.
- Hold a Lead Auditor qualification.
- Hold Chartered Membership of IOSH or Member working towards Chartered status.
- Hold health and Safety Diploma or equivalent eg NVQ level 4 (desirable).
- Excellent knowledge of SHE legislation.
- Background in providing SHE support in a engineering/telecommunications environment.
- Practical knowledge of implementation of ISO 14001 / 18001.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- IT literate.
- Driving licence.
What's on Offer
Â£250 - Â£300 per day.