You are here
Interim VAT Manager, London £250 - £350 p/d
- One of the country`s fastest-growing and leading construction companies
- Workign as part of an established tax team
About Our Client
One of the country`s fastest-growing and leading construction companies, working across the commercial, public and not-for-profit sectors. They work on mixed-use housing schemes to luxury residential homes, hotels to offices and schools to hospitals; with around 130 sites at any one time delivering vital housing and public infrastructure across the country.
Key Tasks and Activities:
- To review and document the VAT treatment of supplies of construction works to end clients. This includes the review of changes in VAT rates during a project including the process and reasons for those changes.
- To review and document the VAT treatment of supplies made by sub-contractors including detailing the process by which those VAT rates were arrived at, the factors taken in to consideration, any changes made during the course of a project and how adjustments are made in the accounting records.
- To ensure the treatment on both client and sub-contractor sides is correct and to advise on process enhancements that would improve the treatment for VAT purposes in the future.
- To provide training as appropriate to improve the level of VAT knowledge and reporting by site teams.
The Successful Applicant
- Ability to work with deadlines and handle a number of different projects at the same time
- Report writing - ability to write concisely in a easy to understand manner
- A good knowledge of UK VAT gained in either industry or practice
- A tax or accounting qualification
- Experience of audit (internal or external)
- Exposure to SAP
What's on Offer
£250 - £350 per day