You are here
Internal Audit Senior Manager - Investment Management & Funds
- Big 4 accountancy firm
- London based
About Our Client
Big 4 firm, London
As a Senior Manager there will be opportunities to work on a variety of IA engagements covering the spectrum of services that they provide, including:
- reviewing and establishing internal audit functions
- creating audit plans
- delivery of individual and/or a programme of internal audit projects
- partnering with clients to supply specialist resource
- secondments to IA functions to help deliver audits
- performing external assessments of internal audit functions
- Delivering training to IA teams on regulatory themes, IA and industry hot topics
- Leading the delivery of internal audit outsource/ co-source or External Quality Assessments for Investment Management Clients.
- Assisting with building new client relationships through attendance at both internally hosted and external events.
- Collaboration with a number of firm-wide subject matter experts providing assurance to clients on emerging risk areas.
- Working with the Investment Management IA leadership team to develop and grow the business, leading on various business proposals and initiatives.
- Share knowledge and insights on current and emerging investment management and IA best practice, issues and trends.
- Leading the provision of advice to a range of clients on auditor independence rules and risk management practices in the context of providing IA services
- Understand client's IA needs and develop compelling proposals/solutions to support new business initiatives.
- Manage a portfolio of existing IA clients and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
- Perform Quality Assurance over key client deliverables such as IA reports, working papers, audit programs including managing the input from subject matter experts
- Attendance at key clients meetings (i.e. planning and risk assessments, Audit Committee etc.) with senior auditees/stakeholders
- Support the Partner/Director in attending business development meetings with target clients, attending heads of Audit forums and managing the sales pipeline.
- Develop a multi-disciplinary network across service lines and contribute to any cross-selling opportunities.
- Set and monitor engagement budgets and profitability, including identifying additional revenue opportunities. Forecasting and reporting on client engagements
- Coach, support and manage staff performance providing open and honest feedback.
The Successful Applicant
- Achieved an accountancy qualification including but not limited to ACA, ACCA, IIA, CCAB. We will also consider other suitable Internal Audit qualifications
- Significant Internal Audit and/or risk management experience at a Senior Manager level, including extensive experience of coordinating teams delivering audits and management of annual planning processes
- Private sector and/or professional services experience within the Financial Services (Banking, Insurance and Investment Management sector)
- Well-developed presentation skills and the confidence to facilitate workshops both internally and externally
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to influence and deal with senior stakeholders
- Strong project management skills
What's on Offer
Base salary up to £80,000 + cash / car allowance + benefits.