You are here
Internal Audit Senior - Public Sector
Large accountancy firm
About Our Client
One of the leading accountancy firms in London.
This firm provides distinctive internal audit and advisory services to local authorities, NHS organisations, central government departments and NDPBs, police and crime commissioners, social housing organisations and universities, colleges and schools.
They are one of the largest providers of outsourced and co-sourced internal audit and counter-fraud services to the UK public sector.
- Planning internal audit work programmes and setting of control objectives;
- Performance of internal audit fieldwork including closing meetings with management;
- Preparation of draft internal audit reports;
- Maintaining good relationships with clients;
- Assistance on other special assignments (e.g. fraud investigations, effectiveness reviews) as and when required.
The Successful Applicant
- Educated to degree level and ideally qualified or finalist in the process of training for a recognised accounting or internal audit qualification
- Experience of delivering internal audits in professional practice or in-house team within central government departments and/or arms length bodies
- Have a sound technical understanding of technical issues surrounding the public sector
What's on Offer
Competitive salary and benefits.