You are here
Large Business in County Durham
About Our Client
A large business in County Durham.
- Input to and enhance the risk based assurance programme in order to effectively assess and test key financial processes and systems on a periodic basis in order to provide assurance that controls operate as designed by management
- Advise on the adequacy of the design of key financial systems to prevent and detect erroneous transactions and safeguard assets
- Independently review and assess the adequacy of key reconciliations performed by the Finance Team on a monthly basis to ensure there is adequate documentation to support the integrity of the management accounts
- Evaluate findings and work with colleagues to develop an agreed action plan to address any shortfalls identified and suggest improvements
- Monitor, support and report on progress of agreed action plans
- Suggest improvements to create efficiencies, or improve value for money; Business process change - assess and advise on the impact of change on the internal controls on a consultancy basis
The Successful Applicant
* Sound knowledge and experience of auditing techniques (internal and/or external audit) * A financial background, preferably a Qualified Accountant * Experience of computer auditing techniques and/or data mining an advantage * Good all round knowledge of desktop packages and specifically Excel Excellent listening skills and the ability to turn data into information * Good oral & written report and presentation skills * Self motivated with the ability to plan and execute assignments to agreed objectives and standards * An enquiring mind * Good time management skills * Ability to work effectively in a team as well as individually as demanded * Strong influencing skills * Ability to establish and build professional relationships * Full clean driving licence
What's on Offer
Basic salary of up to £45,000 dependent on experience.