You are here
Internal Communications Manager
Delivering a group wide strategy for internal strategic project communications.
Previous experience within a fast paced and dynamic business is essential.
About Our Client
As Interim Internal Communications Manager - Strategic Change Project you will be tasked with developing and delivering a group wide strategy for internal strategic project communications utilising a multi-channel approach including newsletters, intranet, social media and through encouraging feedback. You will take full responsibility for all project communications, ensuring that information is relevant, accurate and regularly updated. You will provide communications that encourage internal staff to be curious about the business, to get involved in discussions, and ultimately, drive engagement and improve performance levels.
The ideal candidate will be a self-started with a strong service ethic, a flair for creative writing, strategic communication experience and the ability to work in a deadline-driven environment. You will have to get along well with everyone, everywhere and most of all, you must be passionate about the customers we serve.
- Develop the internal communications strategy, programme and stakeholder plan for project implementation
- Advise the senior team on opportunities to improve engagement based on feedback from colleagues and resulting action planning
- Support change programmes, and other initiatives, to communicate effectively through best practice advice and guidance
- Evaluate and champion new, effective, ways to communicate internally
- Maintain the internal communications project continuity plan
- Deliver regular and consistent communications via monthly cascades, business briefings, On-Shift, WIZ announcements, email updates, etc
- Co-ordinate internal comms activities around the change programme
- Develop and drive awareness and understanding of our vision and mission for Change project
- Create communications with clear messages and delivered via the most appropriate channel(s) to our various internal audiences (as per the communications strategy)
- Plan and deliver communications in conjunction with key stakeholders, particularly HR
- Identify relevant communications and employee engagement opportunities and events, and evaluate their effectiveness; gather and act on meaningful employee feedback
- Help build the story of change through identifying our best success stories and supporting award entries
- Liaise with the marketing team and external agencies to ensure a consistent brand experience is delivered internally as well as externally where appropriate
- Engage leaders across the business to ensure, and support, strong communication (e.g.Directors)
- Liaise with the Executive Internal Communications Manager to ensure consistency and aligned messaging
The Successful Applicant
Experience, skills and attributes:
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Previous experience within a fast paced and dynamic business
- An engaging and persuasive communication style, credibility and gravitas, able to influence and challenge at the most senior levels, both inside and outside the organisation
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills in conjunction with building relationships with key stakeholders
- Strong analytical and thinking skills, combined with the ability to translate and communicate "jargon" simply and effectively
- The understanding that visibility and business partnership and key success criteria
- Technical internal communications skills, with the ability to write in an engaging and business-friendly style
- Communications qualifications (eg CIPR) covering brand, communications, values and culture
Communication: Ability to influence by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience and information, including very strong writing skills and confident presentation skills
- Influence and persuasion: Able to present sound and well-reasoned arguments to convince directors to team members, and persuade them in a way that results in agreement or behaviour change
- Managing relationships and teamwork: Build trust and credibility as a communications partner, and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people at all levels in the organisation
- Resilience: Stay calm under pressure; keeps emotions in check when dealing with setbacks
- Flexibility: Adapts and works effectively with a variety of situations, individuals or groups; understands and appreciates different and opposing perspectives on an issue
What's on Offer
PLEASE NOTE - this role is a 6 month fixed term contract.