You are here
Internal Communications Manager
Stoke on Trent
£150 - £170 per day (£38,997 - £44,197)
- Interim Internal Communications Manager
- Possible exension or permanent role
About Our Client
Public Sector organisation in Stoke on Trent
- To lead on internal communications for the organisation to drive forward the delivery of its vision and achievement of corporate objectives.
- Develop communications strategies for key strategic programmes/events across the business. Translate strategic activity into messages and activities that are relevant at a departmental and individual level.
- Develop and deliver tactical communication plans that are aligned to the internal communications strategy, collaborating with colleagues and stakeholders to deliver timely, targeted and effective internal communications that meet defined objectives.
- Develop a range of communication delivery channels to most effectively deliver messages to different audiences and specific stakeholder groups, including the intranet, social media, print, digital screens and email as the appropriate means for communicating with staff depending on the nature and context of different communications.
- Support new projects by providing specific and timely information to enable the organisation to engage stakeholders and bring about change in an effective manner.
- Create a framework of clear and effective employee communications on a broad variety of topics to create a sense of shared purpose that is relevant to the working lives of all staff.
- Provide communication tools and content to managers to develop a culture based on a consistent two-way flow of information.
- Provide clear and effective communication in response to crisis or emergency situations to reassure and guide staff.
- Build relationships with stakeholders across the business, supporting them to define their communication requirements and provide internal communications advice.
- Deliver creative, effective, consistent and cost-effective communications.
- Manage the day-to-day delivery of internal communications channels.
- Use formal and informal measurement to review communications against defined objectives and to help improve future communications.
- To support the Head of Communications, with line management responsibility for the service.
- Manage ad hoc projects to improve the corporate internal communications service offering
The Successful Applicant
- Internal Communications specialist
- Public Sector experience ideally
What's on Offer
£170 a day
3 month contract minimum, likely extension