You are here
International Technical Manager
- Willingness to travel - UK and overseas
- Reports to head of Procurement
About Our Client
- To develop, approve and subsequently manage the monitoring and compliance of contract manufacturers and suppliers to ensure that all products are safe, legal and comply with business and customer requirements.
- To develop, manage, coach and mentor direct reports. This to include all development and training requirements.
- To set the Company's technical and quality standards and policies as they apply to contract manufacturers and suppliers.
- To manage and monitor a KPI assessment program with all contract manufactures
- To drive continuous improvement of systems and processes, internally and with Suppliers, to reduce risk and improve safety and quality.
- To liaise with the customer care and FPQM teams to monitor customer complaints and finished product quality, to gain early warning of potential issues. To discuss, where appropriate, with NPD and review performance and issues with contract manufacturers. Agree and monitor corrective actions / continuous improvements.
- To manage the safe, efficient and successful transition of products from NPD to production launches at contract manufacturing sites, ensuring that all new products comply with business requirements and have all relevant specifications in place
- To maintain, through appropriate external contacts, up-to-date knowledge on food safety, emerging microbiological risks, thermal process technology and legal changes affecting products and manage the flow of that information across the business ( and contract sites) ensuring that complies with relevant requirements, timescales and deliverables.
- For products produced externally, to advise the NPD team and the business (and organise where appropriate) the shelf life testing and ensure acceptable completion before allocation of shelf life and launch.
- To manage a program of quality, shelf life and Myostatin / DNA monitoring for all products.
- To provide microbiological expertise for all areas of the business
The Successful Applicant
HACCP qualified (to Level 4)
Lead Auditor qualified
Minimum 5 years in a technical leadership role
Demonstrable auditing and continuous improvement experience
Have and maintain a detailed knowledge through appropriate external contacts of
-All aspects of microbiology including emerging risks, pathogens and spoilage,
-Food technology and manufacturing processes
-A clear understanding of both the company and marketing business objectives
- All external sites food manufacturing processes and abilities
-The safety, legal and quality requirements for each of the International Markets
-Risk assessments including level 4 HACCP to validate food safety protocols at external sites and suppliers
-Current Food Safety Legislation for all international countries currently supplied
-Detailed knowledge and experience of operation of crisis management and product recall
What's on Offer
Please enquire for further details