You are here
- Excellent Company
- Chance to grow
About Our Client
Our client is an excellent business based in Cardiff who are currently in a period of growth
To provide assurance to the Board that IT risks inherent in the operations of the group and subsidiary undertakings are being properly managed and/or mitigated in a controlled manner. Provide assistance and IT input into other audits undertaken by members of the team. Work closely with the business to develop best practice IT strategies and controls.
- To work with members of the Group to determine the key IT risks and ensure that appropriate audit activity is undertaken in respect of these areas.
- To ensure that assigned audits are completed efficiently, on time and within budget.
- To implement the risk based approach to internal audit activities.
- To independently review and assess the current risk states as assessed by management.
- To provide independent assurance in relation to the adequacy of steps taken by management to implement and maintain the control environment.
- To assess the effectiveness of controls and their operation.
- To ensure that controls remain appropriate whilst identifying redundant controls.
- To make recommendations concerning the improvement of the control environment or the operation of controls.
- Where appropriate, assist management with the provision of training initiatives designed to improve the effectiveness with which controls are implemented and operated.
- Internal Audit activity is undertaken in such a way as to ensure that management is fully engaged in the audit life cycle.
- To provide robust challenge to management and other members of the team on processes, controls and conclusions drawn.
- To manage and monitor the audit process in line with the requirements established in the service level agreement.
- To use experience and knowledge gained during the audit process to feed into the annual and quarterly audit plan.
- Assist other members of the team by providing IT audit support and expertise on other audit assignments.
- Assume full responsibility for the development and implementation of Auto Audit, the software package used by Internal Audit.
- The document and update as required, the approach undertaken towards performing IT audits.
- To have a working knowledge of the role and activities undertaken by the Information Security Manager and the ability to perform the role should the need arise.
The Successful Applicant
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
IT Audit qualification or Audit qualification
Must be able to communicate effectively with staff at all levels
Ability to explain complex IT issues in non-technical language
What's on Offer