You are here
IT Business Analyst
- Business Analyst, BA
- business modelling
About Our Client
Leading Global FTS250
Business Analyst - BA - Leading FTS250
The Business Analyst role - BA - The Business Analyst is responsible for identifying the business needs of their clients and stakeholders to help determine IT solutions to business problems. This will involve the elicitation, analysis and clear definition of organisational and system requirements. Solutions must be driven solely by the requirements of the business, and although this may often include a systems development component, the solution might also consist purely of process improvement or organisational change. The Business Analyst is a key facilitator within the organisation, acting as a bridge between the client, stakeholders and the IT function. This role will be to support the Front Office Portfolio Lead in capturing and co-ordinating global requirements.
Business Analyst Key Skills
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to clearly articulate ideas, solutions and recommendations to all levels of staff via presentations, walkthroughs and one-to-ones.
- Able to decompose/simplify complex ideas and present these back to the business in a way that they can understand and at an appropriate level of detail.
- Able to work collaboratively with project stakeholders at all levels and demonstrate sound facilitation, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Able to learn new concepts quickly and demonstrate effective logical and lateral analytical / problem solving skills.
- Be business focussed with strong interpersonal and networking skills, and establish and maintain solid, trusting relationships with project stakeholders at all levels.
- Must have good organisational, time management and multi-tasking skills - able to undertake several analysis engagements concurrently and appropriately set priorities
- Be highly motivated, with the ability to work under own initiative with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate creativity and thought leadership, and use experience to convince the business of the suitability of proposed solutions.
- Demonstrate the ability to innovatively solve business problems, exercising pragmatism where appropriate, and be confident to challenge the status quo and any pre-conceived notions of the causes of the problem and possible solutions.
- Be quality driven and take ownership of problems and issues and seek to proactively resolve.
- Appreciate the importance and role of an IT strategy and of the commercial consequences of IT change management decisions.
- Able to maintain a strategic perspective in relation to IT applications, systems and architecture, whilst not losing sight of the potential worth of tactical IT business solutions.
The Successful Applicant
BA with depth of experiance
- Perform up-front analysis on a project to determine its feasibility and business benefit realisation and to inform and influence the governance decision making, planning and prioritisation process.
- Work closely with the FR Portfolio Lead to identify business needs and co-ordinate with regional BA's to produce BOS, requirements and any addional project documentation required to facilitate projects to conclusion.
- Collaborate with project stakeholders at all levels to understand their problems and capture, define and agree business requirements, business process workflows and system requirements.
- Help identify and articulate options for potential solutions that meet the business requirements and are logical, feasible and cost effective.
What's on Offer
50k to 60k