You are here
IT Category Manager
City of London
£50,000 - £60,000
Great opportunity in a growing greenfield enviroment
Very accesible Central London location
About Our Client
Legal organisation, with a growing procurement function.
- To lead and support the procurement of our IT services provision and support the IT management team to deliver those services to the business. This will include all aspects of sourcing including production of sourcing strategies, working with the teams to produce sourcing plans and management of the procurement aspects of those plans.
- To manage and develop the Approved Contractors and Suppliers list by ensuring timely reviews of contacts and continued/sustained delivery of quality goods and services that support the functions of the Group.
- Work with the incumbent ICT Category Manager on PPMO and NFR Projects
- Ongoing review of suppliers performance, undertake commercial reviews and initiate service improvement plans if required.
- Lead on ensuring all Software used by the Group is appropriately licensed, and that best value is achieved from these licences. Manage the relationship with our major software licence providers to ensure we are getting value for money.
- Support the Head of ICT to ensure the Group is software compliant. Where risks are identified agree with the appropriate levels of management the approach to reduce risk.
- Leverage stronger working relationships with key or strategic suppliers to ensure services are delivered as per our contract agreement but also any added value can be delivered via the relationship.
- Ensure both the supplier and the customer dependencies are being met and manage any deviations from the agreement. Ensure the Contract Change process is followed and understood by the business and ICT department.
- Develop a set of KPI's for your category (aligned with the team KPI's) to enable performance review, reporting and continual improvement.
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum of 7 years experience of leading the procurement of and management of ICT contracts
- Extensive experience in research, planning and analysing suppliers for strategic and tactical purchases
- Proven experience of managing and developing 3rd party supplier relationships, ensuring commercial risk and analysis profiles are fully understood
- Proven experience of monitoring provider performance against SLAs and KPIs
- Proven experience of on boarding new suppliers and implementing the agreed governance model
- Proven experience of establishing and managing contract change control mechanisms for a range of contracts
- Experience of interpreting contract terms and conditions (support from legal team provided)
- Proven experience of software licensing management
- Articulate with good communications skills, capable of dealing at a business level with senior managers and key customers
- Coaching and influencing skills - to support others in their understanding of and adherence to contract procedures.
- Experience of reviewing contracts to enable a recommendation on areas where savings can be made or services delivered more efficiently (to be done working with the category manager)
- Strong negotiation skills with a focus on total cost of ownership
What's on Offer
- Sourcing and Vendor Management
- Provide end to end IT Category Management for all new and existing IT Contracts
- Accessible Central London Location
- Competitive Salary + Package