You are here
- Global Medicals business
- Are looking for an experienced IT Manager
About Our Client
A well known, rapidly growing and exciting Medical business. With various acquisitions and projects on the horizon it is a very good time to get involved with this business.
- Take overall responsibility for the company's IT networks, infrastructure and remote access across all sites
- Be the first point of contact for hardware and software issues, including; Mobile phones, printers, access to software hosted at other company sites.
- Set up new PC's, laptops, phones, printers and implement the company's policy of updating older equipment on a defined schedule.
- Anticipate new and revised technologies and ensure that the business is suitably positioned in the market place to derive maximum benefits
- Design and implementation of IT projects to provide maximum company benefit throughout the full process in conjunction with departmental managers.
- Responsibility for the procurement and management of all hardware, software and maintenance contracts
- Develop and maintain the company disaster recovery plan
- Cross site connectivity design, implementation and management in conjunction with corporate plans
- Good knowledge of: Microsoft software packages, Active Directory and Group Policies, SQL Server, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, 2008r2 and 2012, Office, Exchange, VMWare, Anti-Virus and Symantec Backup Solutions. Rack and tower servers, network devices such as printers, NAS, switches and Routers. Knowledge of telephone/VOIP systems would be an advantage.
- Liaise with Corporate IT Management, ensuring their global IT strategy is taken into account
- Manage IT Audit and actions required for it.
- Have excellent analytical / problem-solving skills with a history of driving impact within an organisation.
- Be willing to travel nationally on a regular basis and occasionally internationally.
- Provide training and support for users on all software packages.
The Successful Applicant
Essential Relevant Experience:
- In depth knowledge of business critical IT hardware and software solutions.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role
- Hands on systems support experience.
- Experience in the development and implementation of IT security and storage procedures.
- Experience in troubleshooting system problems.
- Systems development experience.
- A passion for IT and can utilise this to ensure the successful development of the companies IT function.
Skills and Competencies:
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills, including well developed negotiation skills
- MCSA/MCSE Qualifications would be an advantage
- Evidence of strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Experience in Process Mapping and Project Management
- Experience in Data Migration
- Business awareness/commercial acumen
- Evidence of effective planning, organisational and time management abilities
- Effective presentation skills
- Experience of Acquisition Integration
- Experience of multi-site operations
- Strong understanding of the impact of business downtime
- Strong desire to provide colleagues with a high level of support
What's on Offer
A competitive salary