You are here
IT Outsourcing Associate (Top 10 Accountancy Practice)
Accounting, AAT, IT Consulting, Software advisor
Project based, Top 10 Accountancy Practice, London
About Our Client
This unique role would be based within the Outsourcing team at a Top 10 Accountancy practice. Your role would be to assist members of the Outsourcing department with advising clients on how to use accountancy packages and migrate data from one package to another. With this IT focused role you will work on projects associated with accounting systems such as Xero, Quickbooks and Sage. You will also be expected provide a high quality service to clients, contribute to business development activities. You must be able to migrate data from one accountancy package to another.
Our client is a Top 10 firm based in central London. They have a well-established practice in professional services; covering outsourcing, auditing, accounting and taxation services along with expert business advice.
Our client also provides a great opportunity for client exposure with a client base that covers the length and breadth of the country and the globe. This firm looks after its staff and put a lot of effort into ensuring they feel rewarded and providing opportunity for career progression.
The Outsourcing team provides clients with the full range of accounting and back office services, including bookkeeping, accounts preparation, management accounting, VAT compliance, forecasting and budgeting and any other ad hoc advice and assistance on accounting matters.
Please submit you're CV and if you are successful the name of the firm will be revealed.
- Administer issue log of all Outsourcing IT issues
- Provide general IT support to Outsourcing group
- Install finance system software and updates
- Provide Caseware (financial statements package) IT support to the team.
- Reset/ logoff session
- Create new users within Sage, Xero, Twinfield and Access Group software
- Problem solve any first line support chase issues
- Research software systems
- Populate first draft of client proposals
- Build new chart of accounts in existing cloud and desktop systems
- Design mapping tables for old to new chart of accounts
- Migrate data from old to new financial systems
- Liaise with tax, payroll, and other departments on client matters
- Be aware of and comply with the firm's policies at all times
- Record time accurately using the Practice Management System
- Any other duties appropriate to the grade and level of responsibility of this post, for which the post holder has the necessary experience and/or training
- Be aware of the firm's risk management and practice assurance procedures and ensure compliance
- Ensure continuing professional development is up to date at all times
The Successful Applicant
- AAT qualified (or part qualified)
- Good knowledge of double entry and an awareness of the requirements of standard accounting policies
- Bookkeeping experience including preparing, processing and recording bank transactions, processing purchase, sales and general ledger entries and carrying out balance sheet reconciliations
- An understanding of statutory financial statements and how they relate to the preparation of the trial balance
- An understanding of the principles of preparing VAT returns and a basic understanding of what is allowable under the VAT rules
- Some knowledge of accounting systems - Sage, Xero, Quickbooks, Twinfield, Access Group
- An aptitude to learn new IT systems - on the job training will be provided
- Team worker
- Strong organisational and time management skills with ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines and work under pressure with accuracy and focus
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Adaptable and flexible working attitude
- Keenness to learn new skills and knowledge
What's on Offer
- £23000 - £29000
- Top 10
- AAT (qualified and part qualified)
- London Office
- Staff planning and supervision experience
- Opportunity to work on project work with mixed sector clients
- Advising on the use of XERO, Sage, Quickbooks & Twinfield