You are here
IT Portfolio & Programmes Manager
- Midlands based Global Manufacturer
- Excellent Package for suitable candidate
About Our Client
The client continues to expand both its product range and its global manufacturing expansion programme. The company has a first class reputation in providing engineering excellence and the need to provide cutting edge technology to enable further development is key.
This role has accountability for delivering a portfolio of projects, managing teams effectively, overseeing projects/programmes and prioritising tasks accordingly in support of the companies key business ojectives.
- Leads the successful delivery of the companies IT project portfolio, being accountable for the identification, planning and coordination of a portfolio of change projects across IT, ensuring priorities, interdependencies and resources are managed effectively.
- Proactively plans and optimises resources in line with business change priorities so that a realistic delivery programme is established and maintained.
- A member of the IT leadership team ensuring future processes and solutions are consistent with the companies strategic plans.
- Leading a team of IT Project Managers monitoring progress through regular reviews and maintaining close contact with all stakeholders.
- Plans, directs, and co-ordinates activities to manage and implement interrelated projects from contract/proposal initiation to final operational stage; plans, schedules, monitors, and reports on activities related to the portfolio.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be an experienced IT Senior Portfolio & Programmes Manager who will be required to manage existing and new project teams to deliver approved projects, also identifying, planning and coordinating a set of related projects within the IT Portfolio, to manage their interdependencies in support of specific business strategies. The maintenance of a strategic view over the set of projects, providing the framework for implementing business initiatives, or large-scale change, by conceiving, maintaining and communicating a vision of the outcome of the portfolio.
We require an individual who has experience of managing large scale projects and who can keep a calm head and balanced approach when things aren't going to plan. The individual needs to have experience of navigating through challenging programmes which maybe in a turnaround situation and the need for prioritisation is key.
What's on Offer
Excellent Salary and package on offer.