You are here
IT Project Manager - Financial Software experience
- SQL, Trading Systems, Charles River, Dimension
- AGILE, PRINCE 2, Financial Software experience
About Our Client
The candidate will be working for an leading investment firm which all aspects of the trade cycle including order management (portfolio modelling and trade placement); settlement; performance; compliance and post trade reporting.
The organisation uses SimCorp Dimension as its book of records with Charles River as an OMS.
The candidate will be working for an leading investment firm which all aspects of the trade cycle including order management (portfolio modelling and trade placement); settlement; performance; compliance and post trade reporting. The organisation uses SimCorp Dimension as its book of records with Charles River as an OMS.
As an IT PM you will be involved in the selection and specification of those systems so similar experience is needed managing projects to actually implement those software's. You will have specific responsibility for the Trade Settlements area and for the Equity Front Office, supporting the full trade life cycle.
To sum it is a finance data focused Business Analyst/Project Manager with strong technical skills fully comfortable engaging with all levels of staff from Senior Management and the Front Office right through to Operational staff.
- Specific experience of project management, preferably in a financial institution, with experience of financial applications and knowledge of investment management practices. Full understanding of requirements for delivery of successful projects in financial services.
- At least 5 years directly relevant experience managing IT based projects to incorporate both front and back office requirements.
- Experience of structured problem solving and highly motivated with a service driven attitude with strong technical aptitude and good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of key financial software such as DREAM, Charles River and Dimension desirable.
- Familiarity with FIX, SQL and .net technologies an advantage.
- A Bachelor's degree and a recognised professional qualification in project management, ideally PRINCE2 Agile.
The Successful Applicant
- Professional Knowledge & Judgement - Has extensive knowledge of their area of expertise or department; understands how this fits in with the business and uses this to provide a superior service.
- Planning: Demonstrates ability to anticipate tasks, design a time line and deploy people/resources to achieve business objectives.
- Business Sense: Demonstrates clear understanding of commercial implications of decision making with focus on operational excellence.
- Task Leadership: Utilises appropriate interpersonal styles and methods in guiding individuals or a group towards achievement of task.
- Drive - The drive and determination to set, meet and improve upon the highest standards of performance
- Taking Initiative - Identifies what needs doing and takes action to get it done
- Being Brave - Has the courage of your convictions and handles challenges, conflicts and difficult decisions with confidence
- Commitment - Belief in your role and its value to the organisation
- Integrity - Able to maintain job related, social organisational and ethical norms
- Managing Performance - The drive and determination to set, meet and enhance personal performance
- Teamwork - Works co-operatively and collaboratively with others to achieve business goals
What's on Offer
IT Project Manager
Permanent role based in the City of London
up to £75,000